1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD gear and clutch pedal hardness and engine starting problem.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Shivam, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    Hello TFIans,I own a linea mjd model year 2010.
    I am experiencing starting problem with my car,this problem occurs anytime when i turn the key to ignition engine does not starts up,after 4-5 self it starts and sometime while trying to start warning lights such as ebd failure and the yellow lock and key symbol glows up,lock and key light stays on sometimes even after the engine is started then again if i turn car off and restart it it will not come.Its been quite a while now am facing this problem service center people say battery replacement is needed,if the problem still persists then they take next step.I am suspicious about changing battery as my car is 2.5 years old:confused1

The other issue is that gear shifting has become very hard to which service centre people say (gear cables badalniya pen giya!) gear cables need to be changed,I enquired that if some clutch adjustment could be made they said its hydraulic clutch they can make no adjustments and only gear cable changing wiil solve the issue.My car has done 39000 kms. is gear cables replacement needed at this milage,is there some other solution or i go ahead with what ass people say.

Your valuable suggestions and guidance will be highly apreciated.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Join the party !

Battery is almost about to die. Get it checked.

For hard gearshift, what is the estimate given?
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  3. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    Battery has been checked by ass people they tested with gravity gauge stating gravity low!
    For gear cable replacement service advisor said that part may be covered under extended warranty,but first he has to send mail for approval.
    Currently cables are not available with the dealer,he said will take 7-10 days time,
    But are the wayouts given by ass people correct?
  4. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    @shivam ,
    welcome ! regards ur hard gearshift , gearshift cable assembly needs to be replaced ,its valued at INR9000 , I don't think this is covered under extended warranty. Generally it is not kept as a stock item , and needs to be ordered , and you may have to wait for months ( this is my experience) hence take ur car to a company owned TASs or a bigger service station where it is available ex stock.
    I've got this replaced at 3rd service @ 29850kms FOC at TASS worli.
    if you ignore few more hundred kms , soon gearshift will be impossible & you may have to tow ur vehicle to tass , as I had did ( ofcourse. FOC )

Atul
  5. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    So the solutions given by TASS people were right,but gear cable replacement at this stage seems to early this makes the vehicle look unreliable or poor quality of certain parts.
    I have changed shocker pads and csc twice under warranty,for csc i understand as most of owners faced that issue as the original one was not suitable as the reason cited by TASS.
    I feel gear cable wear out in 2-3 years should not be there.

Also if battery needs to replaced,which battery should i go for and which rating same as stock or different?
  6. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    For battery go for higher one which will fit in stock bracket itself without any modification. Stock battery is smaller one. You will feel the difference when u start the car with bigger battery. I have put the bigger one my battery last for 2 years.
    I have already change the gear cable it is not under warranty. Do it ASAP. regarding clutch there is no manual setting in hydraulic system... You pressure plate must have got hard. May be that's the reason your clutch have gone hard.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    I am considering battery replacement and upgrade to 12v 60AH one of any make make exide or amaron.
    Will 12v 60Ah be suitable i mean will i have to do electrical modification.
    regarding gear cables,store manager at TASS told me that it would be around Rs 10000.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

Just tell TASS spray some WD40 on Gear Linkages while u keep changing gears and u will feel the difference.I thk u dont get gear cables separately it comes in a kit with gear shift costing 7000.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  9. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    Guys i have changed the car's battery to exide DIN60MF there is noticable increase in starting power,but even after battery change sometimes car doesn't starts especially when starting after few hours or morning start.
    What could be the reason?
    also a strange thing is observed that whenever i press accelerator two times before starting,the car starts in first self....
    is there some reason behind it or just coincidence
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Car starting normally after pressing acc pedal two times would be just a coincidence
    Does your car crank slowly and warning comes on MID like ABS, Airbag failure etc even after battery change. Ask ASS people to check AC Relay if its malfunctioning and contacts on Starter Motor.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013