1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD - Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Saumya, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Under 10k/l is certainly bad.something wrong.My MJD returns not less than 17k/l,even with rash drivers,with good ones it is always above 21k/l.Though it would improve after 1st service,it's still bad,mine was good even when the car was new.
  2. Are you always on B2B traffic where in gear changing is frequent for such a low mileage?????
  3. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Congrats Saumya.. Nice color. Happy Driving..Keep updating.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Saumya install Ecodrive on your car.

Although it wont give accurate data in most respects, but one area in which it is correct is how well you give throttle input.

The Multijet's mileage goes down a lot when we stomp on the pedal in a higher gear.

Keep the engine in the happy turbo zone. It'll perform well and be efficient as well. Do not be afraid to rev it. Show it some revs.

5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Oh and do Reset the tripmeter. The running by the dealer and lots of idling does screw up the mileage readings.

Start afresh and you'll be fine.

6. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

I got to know of a belkin transmiter which is for Rs.3000 which looks sturdy ,else other brands available are of the range of 1000 ... yet on a look out though... will keep u updated.. n u do too....!!

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

- Guys , i havent yet crossed the 100kms n besides i haven't yet got my number plate from RTO.... so havent yet taken it out on the roads as freely as i would want to.. 1ce i do that.. ill be able to run it on the city conditions.. n sure will knw the mileage.. hopefuly !!

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

- Thanks n how should i do that ??
  7. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Don't worry about the mileage... As soon as you clock 5000kms, you'll be really surprised to get awesome mileage from MJD. And you can even revv it to the core, and still you can get 17-18kmpl!!! I usually used to revv hard upto 4000rpm. But i suggest you not to revv hard in the initial 1000kms, and maintain speeds less than 120kph. And after your first service, your MJD will be a GEM!!! It'll be ultra silent, and from then on you can revv it like anything!!!

PS:- Just attaching a pic of mine, to show you how Linea's MJDs are are capable of handling the 1.3 ton car! I maintained the speed between 80-90kph with AC on at 24C.
  8. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

Thanks Avinash... uff.. its a relief to look forward to.. cheers mate

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

ok guys i need a suggestion... i have been told to take the car for a long drive on the open highways so as to open the car engine once i get the number... my car has run less than 100 kms yet.. what should i be doing?? should i go out & free it on highways ?? if so then any restrictions as regards speed or other parameters to maintain ??
  9. You can take it out on a drive of say 100 or 200 kms... if you are going far then make sure that after 1 or 2 hrs running take a break for 5 - 10 mins. Do not floor the accelerator like a racing car in stop go traffic. You can vary your speed from low to high or vice versa but never in the same speed for a long time.

Also.. imp thing is... Warm your engine for a minute or so before every drive and after a drive, before switching off let the engine idle for a minute and then only switch off.. will help your turbo in the long run...
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

@romsi_rk, exactly same things i was about to say! You are an expert now aye? Way to go brother :-D

@saumya, follow the above things romi said. its perfect way of taking care if new engine.
    Just my 2cents more in it. Dont cross the limit of 100kmph for at least 1.5k kms. It'll be great if you hold your horses till 2000kms.
    About FE. Simply dont think about it, let your engine cross 2/3k kms.after that FE figures will start surpriceing you all the time.