1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD Emotion Pk - Can you adjust low beam alone ?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by d_maheshwar, Nov 28, 2011.

1. d_maheshwar

d_maheshwar

Bangalore
    Hi all,
    My first post. I own a Linea MJD Emotion Pk for more than a year now. I was not happy with the throw & spread of low beam light(stock bulbs) and so replaced them with OSRAM nightbreaker. It's been many months and have drive extensively in city & highway. But I not happy with it either. The throw has not really improved much. In city where I hate using high beam, I am forced to use fog lights as well to get decent lighting. I have approached TASS but they adjusted it in such a way that high beam was hitting the trees :D.. I did not realize this in the day and on the next day when I left for a long trip found that high beam was hitting the sky. Had horrible time with lack of sufficient low beam and without high beam also on a two way rural roads. I believe TASS simply made it look upwards. am happy with the high beam.

My queries,

1. does the headlight adjuster change the low beam as well ? I thought it was only for high beam. I don't see any change for low beam.
    2. Can we adjust ONLY the low beam.. there was a adjuster behind the headlights but I feel it only changes sideways(marginally though) but not Up/down to improve the throw distance.
    3. I know alternate options like HID kit etc but I am trying to see if I have exhausted the options with the stock kit.

Thanks for your reponses.

Mahesh.
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    there are two adjustable screws behind the domes of the high and low beam, both of them have a diagonal movement when adjusted.

if u want to adjust them u can only lift them or lower them. even i had the same problem untill a-1 service centre guy near lalbagh bangalore gave me an idea.

he had an instrument sort of thing that had a lens through which there was a background with the level markings. usually the head lamps are switched on and then adjusted so as to make the light fall on the line on the background.

the idea he gave me was, as i drive a lot on highways, he asked me to turn the headlamp adjuster to the lowest position( that is the laps reflect totally downward) and then he lifted the domes using the screws to meet the line on the background(both high and low beams).

the result, i have enough focus in the city when i have my lever down and when i have to surprize any heavy vehicle on the highway, my osram nightbreakers are bright enough to blind them when i turn the leveler up all the way. the throw i sufficient now, infact in some cases i feel my linea's lighting is better than my dad's innova.
  3. d_maheshwar

d_maheshwar

Bangalore
    Thanks jayakrishnakola. That's interesting idea and will give it a try. Is there any specific name you know of that I can contact in A-1 service center ? I live in Bangalore.
  4. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    i dont remember his name but the'll get the job done if u ask him to set it for highway use.