1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD E+ or SX4 ZDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by dadasaheb, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I have not yet meet him... once i will...
    then will update the things..... :)
  2. Roy,

What i meant was fixing the alloy inside the boot well,like how the steel rim is fixed.
    Size will fit but how to make it not to introduce rattle's.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    On the weight part, I do believe both the Punto and the Linea were on Diet and have reduced quite a bit of kilos (approx 60 kilos). As somebody has compared the specs of SX4 and Linea, I think the weight of Linea is from the initial release and not the latest one. I guess the latest one is 1230 kilos and not 1290 kilos. Will confirm and revert back with the actual kerb weight.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Today only i have seen on Fiat-india site that Kreb weight of Linea Diesel = 1210 Kg Petrol = 1180 Kg
    while i have a e brochure of 23 Feb 2010 shows Kreb weight of Linea Diesel = 1291 Kg Petrol = 1240 Kg

so we can conclude that Linea Diesel lost 81 Kg and Linea Petrol lost 60 Kg
    guys,
    I think this reduce in weight will increase the pickup and fuel efficiency also :)
    May harm the build quality.
    what you think ?
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dadasaheb, sadly there are a few idiots on the web that have been spending 25-30% of their life at a TATA-FIAT dealerships, clicking pics of Punto/Linea and taking test drives. Now they say that Punto/Linea are underpowered cars and that there are too many variants and stuff like that that has been generalized and accepted blindly by others on internet.

Maybe thats why FIAT decided to cut some weight to cater to the "Kitna deti hai" crowd of that type. I sincerely wish they hadn't cut any weight.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Very interesting.

Our Linea is Jan 2011 make and the owner's manual is saying 1290kgs kerb weight. And FIAT India website says 1210 kg.

And even more strange - FIAT Turkey website states the weight of the Linea 1.3 Multijet as 1185kg.

I think the weight reduction has been a global change, rather than specifically Indian. And rest assured , FIAT is one brand which will not cut corners on safety. So i think the worries on safety after this "weight loss" are too premature.

Gurjinder.
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    +1 FIAT will not compromise on the Saftey features. FIAT will be happy to be called as the most safest car rather a most fuel efficient Car !
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I don't agree to the thought that weight reduction has been achieved by compromising on safety. It could be achieved by use of better and lighter materials and removing certain accessories. Only thing I can think of off hand is rear seat head rest and tool kit container. Small changes, but these add to overall weight reduction. No reputed manufacturer worth his name will cut down weight by compromising on safety.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mr Kaps, but those things contribute little. The only possible explanation would be the use of lighter but better material. Or maybe cutting at unseen areas. But from where exactly did they do it?

At least FIAT isn't known for compromising the safety aspect. For decades, they have provided India with the safest cars you can drive below 10 lacs.
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Today in Times of India, there is article about the Joint Venture of Fiat & Tata by Ratan Tata...
    if anyone has read it, will it raise concerns in mind of prospective Fiat buyers ?
    can they call off the JV anytime ?
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.