1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD E+ or SX4 ZDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by dadasaheb, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    SX4 looks -
    tough from outside, but actually a not... seems hollow...

Linea
    Beautiful outside, tough from inside..
    Engine sound/noice comes in the cabin.. which in not there in sx4...
    but we felt it is lesser than swift petrol :)

when they are ready to give me 5th alloy wheel in same price :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2011
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Dadasaheb your observations on the 2 cars are spot on. I have owned a SX4 for close to 50,000 kms. Also, owned a Palio S10 and now a Punto MJD. I felt exactly the same things about the SX4.

Don't get too focussed on the 5th alloy wheel. Most of the companies give only 4 alloy's, in fact, I was pretty shocked to see Maruti giving a 5th alloy with the SX4. The Fiat offers you so much more for same money so why get finicky about an alloy wheel?
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Just trying some negotiation treaks, if they are ready to give it, then it is going to be a best deal...
    Why the Fiat alloys are soo... expensive... Rs. 12K for a single alloy.

it will look disturbed when there is one wheel alloy and another is with old style ... :)
    are companies expecting car consumers to change wheel 2 times when there is puncture or some problem to a wheel ?... and it is in a car of more than 9 Lakhs....
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    those alloys are imported,so they are expensive, as said by dealer (its written "made in brazil " on them)
    as mentioned by amit most of the manufacturers do not provide 5th alloy wheel volkswagon vento/polo provides 14inch steel rims whereas rest of the 4 wheels are 15 inch. one of my friend's bmw did not even had a 5th wheel but car came with a puncture repair kit.
    anyway bargain with a serious note to the dealer ,dont make him feel that end of the day you are going to buy linea with 4 alloys .
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dude, it is standard practice. Cars like BMW don't even come with a spare wheel. And if Maruti are giving a fifth alloy wheel in the SX4, then it'll serve you well to remember what all features they are not giving in comparison to the Linea. And the Sx4 costs more than the Linea too. It's a daylight robbery.

And its not like the old days of tube type tires. Tubeless tires lose air slowly when punctured (unless there's a big blowout), so you can keep an electric air pump in your car, fill up the punctured tire and get it repaired. Simple. No need to replace wheels in cases of simple punctures.

Gurjinder.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    agreed !!!
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    TJet+ comes with a fifth alloy wheel.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    No. It does not have Heated External Mirrors though it was mentioned in feature-list when it was launched in 2009. I remember my asking the SA during sales inquiry that time & puzzled looks on his face !

This also used to come in earlier batch of E+ Linea's but discontinued afterwards. My Linea has 3 Headrests in rear seat. In fact, earlier E+ Linea's used to come with Cigarette Lighter & Ashtray which are also now discontinued.

Only y'day during TFI meet, I found out that my Petrol Linea has a NVH dampening pad inside of the bonnet which all other Petrol Linea members said none of their Petrol cars have it !
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  9. I agree. I was surprised when I heard the same for Vento. Vento highline infact has a tyre which is smaller in size (14' as compared to standard 15'). One of friend who used to stay in US confirmed that as a standard practice. Even I was thinking other way around as my swift has all same size tyres (steel) and I don't go back to the original tyre after fixing puncture.

Anyone knows where can I find electric pump in Pune?
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The rim size may be smaller, but the overall diameter would be almost the same though (higher profile rubber on smaller rim).

Gurjinder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.