1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD E+ or SX4 ZDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by dadasaheb, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dude, if you're asking these questions even after owning the Punto, then really you need to sell it and buy a Maruti Swift VDi and have peace of mind.

Gurjinder.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I would suggest Maruti Swift VDi with "ABS" for little more peace of mind! ;);)
    Just kidding, i feel Jayadev posted that sarcastically!!
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ^^
    take it positively
    we should throw some light on such matters also ,there is lot of hogwash floating around regarding maruthi SS is blah blah and fiat is nothing .
    most concerning reason why people ever compare sx4 and linea is service support. what else?

sx4 sales has always hovered around 2k-3k which is ridiculous if considered as a maruthi car. i cannot believe it is just because of petrol engine if so why honda and toyota has better figures?

how do you think that is true?

and i am no way without peace of mind. rather i feel much content to own punto. for 8500km run i din't had to spend a single paisa for anything, nevertheless i feel surprised when some people come to me pestering about what they heard and what they think about fiat.
  4. gurjinder

Punjab
    Ahh....i really blew my fuse when i read a FIATian posting that. Pardon me Jayadev!

Gurjinder.

P.S. I wonder if dadasaheb went out and booked the SX4 D.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Here goes my take on it :p ...

what about service support. Fiat First.

what if one gets stranded on road. Fiat RSA

what about spare parts availability. Ok, some issues here..

what about reliability. No issues so far.

which car would be a good investment for long run? Don't ever invest in vehicles, they are created for the purpose of driving and transport. Invest in shares, mutual funds, or other financial products.

and fuel efficiency? Good enough, and better than many.
  6. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    Well replied Roy J Sir, it can't be clearer than that.

@DadaSaheb in the end buy what your heart like and where you will find peace of your mind. All of us here are content with the Fiat's we own and we all cherish every moment of driving. Bottom line for Fiat car is >> Pleasured driving, proven stability, safety and engine performance (don't take my word, its written all over the forums and owner's reviews here and everywhere).

" Neighbour's envy, owner's pride" - these are new generation Fiat cars - a class apart.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    well said doctor. I am with you. Better we can not compare Maruti sx4 with Fiat Linea if it comes to build, ride quality. Its a tank on four wheels with Miltijet Engine.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All Fiatians,

first of all thanks a lot for your comments on my post.

yesterday, I got the chance to test drive both SX4 ZDI (at Mahalaxmi auto SB Road) and Linea E+ (at pundit auto Tilak Road)...
    here are my observations... test drive done along with two friends.. everone drived...

SX4 -
    good performance of engine... responsive....
    Interiors are inferior than Linea... a swift feel... (should be imporved for a car of this price.)
    Engine sound is not coming in cabin.... later on we drived swift petrol ZXI... but it's engine noice is more than SX4 ZDI... (we felt... :))

Linea -
    No slugish at all as decribed at various forums... it is diesel offcourse... not a petrol to be a peppy...
    actually we all find Linea has more pickup than SX4
    Interiors are also better than SX4, Build Quality is also best... Linea handles potholes and speedbrakers more comfortabliy than SX4,
    there are lots of features... which are not there in sx4.. MID, Driver arm rest, Blue and Me.... etc.
    I liked the wiper settings as it will automatically swipes after some seconds...... :)
  9. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Linea has long clutch travel... we all got some time to adjust to that... SA said all fiat cars have long clutch travel...

Without octroi, SX4 cost 9.6 L and Linea 9.4 L as on Linea there is discount on Insurance and Extended warranty (need to pay 7000 for both)
    warranty -> sx4 - 3 years Linea - 4 years included in above price.
    Both dealers not giving any accessories free :(
    Linea... does not have the 5th wheel as alloy wheel :( I have asked Sumit there but he said that company is not providing it.. bit disappointing... :(
    however i have said to them that i am going to take the same alloy wheel from you in the same price... lets see....
    Fiat Linea alloy wheel cost told by sumit was Rs.12000 seems tooooooooooooo expensive though.

asked them to give alloy wheel and i am going to book Linea.. today.. but ...
    also told them that they should not consider this as a deal broker... as they are not giving a single alloy Wheel for a 9.4 L car..

willl update about the further negotiations with pundit auto...
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Dadasaheb, as per your reviews, the choice is clearcut. :)

When are you booking the Linea ?

Gurjinder
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.