1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD E+ or SX4 ZDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by dadasaheb, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you want to keep more than 10 year, than go with SX4, but i don't think, you will keep the SX4 for more than 10 year.

In my case, i am going to change my 2nd car within 5 year. 1st : M800, 2nd : Wagon R LXi (I want to keep for longer period - I happy with Wagon R) but now changing soon.

I noticed Fiat have some + points.

If you understand Normal Looks, it define right now that you will change your car, when you become bore with the looks only.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Rakesh you didnt comment on Linea.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Dadasaheb where are you? We are waiting for your decision. Please let us know which car you are going to buy :)
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Once FIAT bug is bitten it is very difficult to select any other brand
  5. drarvindc

My friend worked in Maruti dealership and then in Maruti True value (Same dealer outlet) for 5 years and he bought a palio. According to him the only good car Maruti has / had was Baleno, which did not fare well. Suzuki looks good and thats where is the end of it.

If you :

>> are buying to drive.
    >> want to enjoy the drive.
    >> love to run long long drives.

then only Linea can do you justice... SX4 looks good in the showroom.

The very moment you got confused between sx4 and linea, you should look inside your mind.... Linea is already there and pushing out the Sx4. Remember Linea and Punto Haunts until bought home.
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Hello dadasaheb,
    There is a comparison in Autocar March-2011 issue between linea MJD,sx4 zdi and vento TDI . I just summarise what it says. It breaks the whole comparison in 8 parts:
    1. Comfort : vento > sx4 > linea ( less ranking of linea because internally it has less space then the other 2 cars)
    2. Performance : vento > (linea = SX4) ( vento has 1.6 engine)
    3. Refinement : vento = linea = sx4
    4. Value : (linea = sx4) > vento (vento very pricey and least equipped)
    5. Safety : linea = sx4 = vento
    6. Ride : linea > (sx4 = vento)...Yes linea rides even better than vento ..and its up by 2 stars as compared to the other 2)
    7. handling : linea > vento > sx4 ..(Linea handles even better than vento)
    8. Build strength : (linea = vento) > sx4...(sx4 the most lightly built)

I just add something related to the ride and handling..... "Its the FAT which posesses the best balance between ride and handling . It may not have the SX4s huge ground clearance but it still tackles bad roads with aplomb. The ride is utterly flat and consistent with no pitching at all and only the largest of bumps result in a crash from suspension. WHen it comes to corners the Fiat just hugs the road but what gives it an edge is the steering which in terms of feel and accuracy is in a different league compared to the other two cars . Stability is very good, even at high speed , which makes the Fiat a joy to drive ".

Now I dont see why should you pick sx4 over linea... it has to be LINEA all the way!!! No doubts!!
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Autocar got it wrong in three areas,

They've said:
    Value - Linea=Sx4 >Vento
    Whereas it should be
    Linea> sx4=vento (both overpriced)

And in safety, refinement also i would not equate Linea with SX4.

8. shams

shams Esperto

hi Vivek. I remember reading this comparison. there were stars (max of 10 *s for each feature) assigned for each feature in this. i remember when i counted the total no of stars for each car, Linea had the most. 3-4 more than Vento.
    But still Vento was declared the winner!! This is how unbiased the comparos are!!
  9. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Talking about safety specifically, these people do not consider the BUILT, HANDLING, BREAKING, STEERING FEEDBACK and ACCURACY, DESIGN etc. of a car as parameters to define safety, which according to me is wrong!
    They would rate i20 safer than Punto just because it has 6 air bags, ignoring all the other factors like i mentioned above.
    Similarly, because both Linea and SX4 have abs+ebd and 2 air bags, their safety is equivalent.
    Honestly, its B**L S**T
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Linea MJD E+ or SX4 ZDI???
    hold on please.

what about service support.

what if one gets stranded on road.

what about spare parts availability.

what about reliability.

which car would be a good investment for long run?

and fuel efficiency?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.