1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD E+ or SX4 ZDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by dadasaheb, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    This is what carwale says. I am also not sure.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Teky
    could you please elaborate some reasons and your logic behind this choice... will be helpful for me in deciding... :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even I am also waiting for teky's reply. I was also consfused in Linea Dynamic & SX4 VDi
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's all based on the service offered by Tata service centres for Fiat vehicles. I know I'm sounding negative but when I bought a Fiat I was even mentally prepared even if Fiat packs it's bags. I wanted a solid, good looking, mile munching capabability and at that price there weren't too many options.

SX4 is surely built crude, doesn't handle like Linea nor has a solid feel but has a Maruti badge attached to it. No one can predict what's going to happen to the Indian automobile industry, but Maruti will stay.

Buying a Fiat car is always done from Heart. If I had thought about keeping the car for 10 years, re-sale, service I wouldn't have bought a Fiat.

Only a few things can pull your heart's strings - one such thing is Fiat and the cars they make. Something can cause you pain and that is the incompetent Tata service centres (Not every thing is bad)

Having said all that my next buy is Fiat unless they wave us good bye.

Good luck with your search, Whatever your choice is.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    SX4 is easy to maneuvers in city because of the EPS & its not fun to drive on highways because EPS this is what I think. Correct me If I am wrong.

Linea’s HPS is totally suits to the car both in City & Highway drive. It turns driving into fun.

One moe thing to add here.

Linea Epack has 3 head rest for rear sit. SX4 wont get it.

FIAT aftersales is improving however you can not compare MSIL TASC to TATA. MSIL is way ahead in that dept.

TATA TASC not that bad/expensive if you compare it with VW, Skodas. I will compare it with HYUNDAI.

Mods Note - Please avoid back-to-back posts. Use Edit option of previous post and update.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm sorry teky, but i don't agree one bit with you on the logic of buying a maruti in case i want to keep it for 10 years.

This is from personal experience of owning a Palio D for the last 6 years.

FIATs are built to last.
    Marutis are built to a price. Nothing else.

@kedar
    On the steering part, here's my view.

Maneouvring a Linea in the city is as easy as anything. Not as stupidly light as ANHC, but just right. And not at all heavy.

Gurjinder.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Paji thank you so much for resolving my doubt. I was confused because of Length & turning radius of Linea. Thats why I said that.

Anyways thanks :)
  8. No, there are no heated ORVM. Thats what the fiat website says. Not that it doesn't have them, they haven't mentioned it :p.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    What about the turning radius - is it still huge like Punto.

I was expecting a reply on the 10 years for sure. Fiat's are built to last but how about the spare parts, how about the lousy guys at Tata service whom we need to follow up to order parts.

I agree that SX4 will rattle, but will continue to run.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dude, lets just forget the new gen FIATs. I've never had problems in sourcing parts for the Palio D, even though sales stopped years ago. This is when there were no authorised dealers to take my car to.

You'll agree that not all dealers are lousy. And similarly you'll agree that not all maruti dealers are competent/brilliant (stories of engines ruined on opening for checking).

So, questioning FIATs and their ability to perform in the long haul is just pessimism. Because the facts speak otherwise.

Gurjinder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.