1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD E+ or SX4 ZDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by dadasaheb, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    go to your nearby showroom test drive both and decide. fiat lovers will say linea, rest of the people will say maruthi. but when it comes to individual choice ,own experience is the best.
    when it comes to handelling and ground clearance sx4 is not well balanced car but linea is. that is the one of reason sx4 did not attract great number of buyers
  2. "Follow the herd mentality" right term for people who just go and buy the best sellers only.
  3. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

SX4 could not even come close to Linea, so Linea all the way!!
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will suggest you to take test drive of both the cars back to back on highway not in the city. Check the cars ride quality around the corners, breaking, at high speed, drive quality.

If you drive both the cars in city then you will find that SX4 is more peppy because of light wight. In Linea you will get great ride quality & I hope you will enjoy to drive around the corner.

Below is comparision of Dimensions of both the car.

Car Linea SX4
    Overall Length (mm) 4560 4490
    Overall Width (mm) 1730 1735
    Overall Height (mm) 1487 1560
    Kerb Weight (kg) 1291 1245
    Boot Space (liter) 500 505
    Power (PS@rpm) 93@4000 90@4000
    Torque ( Nm@rpm) 209@2000 200@1750
    Minimum Turning Radius 5.5 5.3
    Tyres 195/60 R15 205/60 R16

Few points which I want to let you know why you go for Linea

Double Folding Rear Back Seat
    Driver Facing Key hole
    Heated External Mirrors
    Blue & Me with USB port
    Clutch foot rest
    Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel & Gear Knob
    Rear AC Vent
    15000 km Service Interval

SX4 is near about 50 kg lighther than Linea. SX4 service interval is not like Linea. If you compare SX4 service intervals with Linea then you will find that your maintanance cost will be lesser if you opted LINEA.

Both cars 1st free service is on 3000kms. & after that SX4 get serviced on every 10000kms where LINEA get service on 15000 kms.

Now consider you drove your car for 50000km then you need to service your SX4 for 5 times & Linea only 3 times.

Lets consider average expense on service is Rs. 6000 on both cars. Now you are paying Rs. 12000 extra to service the same engine if you bought SX4.

Now you conclude the quality of the car FIAT Linea. Close you eyes & go for LINEA.

This is the one practical example why to buy Linea. If you think emotionally then you will go for LINEA.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011
  5. Dude, this is a Fiat forum. What do you expect the response to be :p.
    We all here are die-hard fiat fans here :).
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    or else I have one more option. Buy SX4. Remove Maruti Suzuki & SX4 badges & fix the FIAT badges along with Cedici..

Globally Cedici is mini SUV of FIAT & which looks like SX4 (Without Boot ) only.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

first of all thanks to all of you for your quick replies (more than 15 in just 12 hours... amazing !!! ) and sharing your knowledge and experience with me..
    I will plan for the test drives and then post my experience of the TD of both LINEA and SX4
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The SX4 service is every 10,000kms?

Well, thats abusing the engine. Because Maruti uses mineral oils in their cars not synthetic or semi synthetic. And mineral oil being used for 10k kms is really riding your luck and harming the engine.

Mobil Delvac MX is most probably the oil used by them. Its a good oil, but wont last 10,000kms.

Another instance of Maruti cutting costs at the wrong places.

9. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    guys, One more thing is that... my village is near (5-7 km) the Fiat plant at Ranjangaon MIDC ...
    wishing to visit the factory also.. will they permit... or any procedure for that? as team fiat had visited this factory in December 2010.
  10. Are you sure about it??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.