1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD E+ or SX4 ZDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by dadasaheb, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes even I read that article in DNA and TOI. I posted that in Breaking news. That article is there on Motorbeam.com
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dadasaheb, rest assured that the JV is not going to be called off.

I've read the article and Mr. Tata is talking of reinvigorating the stagnant sales and that is a good thing. When a business strategy does not work out as planned, there is always a rethink.

Gurjinder.

theres a seperate thread for this http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...t-Tata-venture-need-to-be-critically-examined

and i think Mr Tata is speaking about making relationship more stronger

Mods Note - Please avoid back-to-back posts.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    It shouldn't. For 2 reasons:

- Mr.Ratan Tata has clearly said that he doesn't find anything wrong with the concept. They are just going to critically evaluate it so it deliver's what it's capable of.

- Indica Vista & Indigo Manza are powered by Fiat engines - both petrol & diesel & Fiat gearboxes. If the JV is called off, what will power these volume sellers of Tata?
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    yes, agreed he had ruled out on giving up on partnership..
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That is for those who read the news in full. But lot of people will be just carried away by headline and will think that there is some critical issue with the JV and they are reviewing it. Though Tata confirms that the JV will go on, this news can send negative signals to potential buyers. And these days we see lots of new FIAT owners joining our forum, especially this month.
    I even suspect whether the intention is to tell FIAT that TATA has un upper hand in the JV. I could be wrong.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even I was saying that FIAT should add some more cars in its INDIAN Portfolio, & that will only help FIAT to increase sales of FIAT.

The best example is of FORD. Before launching FIGO they had Fiesta & Endevour in their portfolio. After that they launched FIGO in Petrol & Diesel. Now they are adding one more car which is FORD FIESTA. So total 4 cars in their portfolio. If you compare last years sale & current year sales record of FORD India then you will get clear picture

FIAT should launch one car below the PUNTO & they should price it very competativly.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    from a very heavy heart i am saying that... buying of Linea MJD E+ postoned till december 2010 due to parking problems.... :(

Mods requesting you to close this thread.
  9. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    December 2010 ?
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think he meant Dec 2011.

Thread Closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.