1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD E+ or SX4 ZDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by dadasaheb, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Looking for my first car...
    will definately keep it for long term .. more than 10 years.

- almost same on road price for Top end Models (Rs - 9.5 Lakhs).
    - Same engine, almost same mileage

SX4 PROS -
    - good after sales service
    - Best ground clearance

- Noraml Looks in class
    - Less on features than Linea
    - Normal build quality

Linea PROS -
    - Best Looks in class
    - Maximum features in class
    - good build quality

- bad after sales service (past experiences of customers, according to reviews on various forums, maximum complaints on the complaint forums.)
    - Low ground clearance
    - Slugish in performance according to reviews on various forums

hey guys your experience about the ASS will be help ful for me... as it is directly from the FIAT owners...
    also please comment about the current fit and finish of the interiors..
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

there is a very but obvious answer to this question. Linea all the way. there is nothing such as sluggishness if you compare SX4 diesel to linea diesel.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My Dear Friend Of course LINEA Diesel is the answer,
    Just have a test drive and listen to your heart, Its the heart Beat of the New generation,.
    Which car does not have and cons??????, we Fiatians talk about it in open as we love our car, others hide it by themselves and suffer..
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Hi Dadasaheb,

FYI couple more pros of Linea are:
    1. Ride quality best in class
    2. Handling best in class.

It depends how much importance u give to those though..for us FIATians these 2 features along with the looks carry much more importance than anything else.

ASS is not that bad as it is made out to be. My experience has been fairly good with them as has been for most other guys here.
    Also point to note is in an ideal situation you would need the ASS once a year but you would be driving the car more often i suppose.. maybe daily..
    GC would be less than SX4 but its not Linea's weakpoint in any way.
    Performance also would be same as SX4 as both have the same engine. It gets better though with kms piling up.
    Interiors , fit finish etc also are far better compared to SX4.
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Linea all the way
  6. teky

teky Esperto

If you are planning to keep the car for 10th years look at the SX4 ZDI

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I think you already know the pros and cons of both the cars. Check your preference, and decide.

Regarding A.S.S, just have a look at various ownership thread, as with any cars, you would get mixed experience. Keep in mind, as Fiat owners share their A.S.S experience, it hard to compare with any other brand.
  8. sungoa2010

SX4 is not a solid car. I have seen an sx4 whose back has completly gone inside due to a collission with opel corsa while taking reverse, where the opel has not suffered any visible damage. Go for Linea if you like it. I don't think SX4 give a driver armrest. Please have a long test drive of both decide yourself.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The comparison between SX4 and the Linea exists only because of the price.

Car for car , there really is no comparison. Linea wins hands down. Maruti are charging more for less ( in quality and features) and is taking the consumer for a royal ride. Unfortunately, the ones buying SX4 D are proving Maruti right and only following the herd mentality. Linea is absolute value for money here.

The engine used is not entirely the same. Only the basic design is. Maruti and FIAT separately manufacture their engines. Remember , FIAT invented this engine, Maruti are only copying the design. So, you can judge yourself whose implementation shall be better.

Plus, take some time out and go through the ownership section of TFI. There's a lot of useless information floating around in various "forums" about FIATs. Rest assured , on TFI you'll see praise and criticism of FIAT wherever its due.

Take a test drive of the Linea to ascertain its performance . Remember , it has one of the best in gear acceleration figures.

Go for the informed choice; rather than the herd choice.

10. Rizzou

Have driven both SX4 & Linea, In comparasion both have good & not good things:

Linea has many features compared to SX4, and looks. All hands down Linea wins, SX4 has bulky looks thats what is my opinion. Linea is sleek has great built and best in handling. Diesel engines are almost same in terms of power and torque.

Try using the below link to compare cars in its class and price range.

Link: http://www.carwale.com/research/comparecars/

I would say A.S.S. is something FIAT is improving with TATA, Now that FIAT is growing in sales the A.S.S. will improve also, Better bet will be Linea.

Simply stands out, She got the moves.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.