1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD - Buying advice

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I will be doing one more TD tomorrow or on Saturday. I will go on the hill side. I had specifically mentioned this to SA and he is ready to take me to such road. From the post pointed to by PaddleShifter, I just need to maintain correct RPM.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Sly.Cooper- Point is how many times would you be driving in hills in 1 year? More importantly, does one TD in hills conclude whether the car is under powered or not. I also suggest that you go through all the 26-27 pages of this thread, keeping in mind that you are browsing posts by some of the anti-Fiat people in there. Try to interpret what they want to say wrt to power and performance. I wish they were more accurate in this thread wrt to a few other aspects e.g. Refinement, safety, current dealer network stats etc.
    Have a look at the following thread:
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ns-under-rs-12-lacs-quantitative-ranking.html
  3. @PaddleShifter - On regular basis, I will be be driving between Pune <-> Mumbai. There is only one hilly or ghat road (Lonavala). That too is not like a ghat since it is part of expressway (3 to 4 lanes) :). I am sticking with my decision to go ahead with the buy. I had checked with few of my friends and no one reported problems with the car especially the "extreme performance" issues which were mentioned in that thread. I have been checking random forums on the forum on the net and for all "sluggish performance" comments, the next comment was to get used of Linea engine.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good decision sly.cooper.

You'll be getting your money's worth in Linea, not in the sx4.

And rest assured, when you adapt your driving style to the Linea, you'll enjoy its rev-happy engine .
    Edit- Hills or no hills, don't worry.

Gurjinder.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  5. Any idea if you can add/change chrome inside? I really liked the inside chrome in T-Jet?
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Sly.Cooper. :) Just got connected back to the web life after 3 days. Hard to live without it.

Regarding inside chrome, one member has done this in his regular Linea or Punto. I am too tired after the 3 day long TFI meet worth 500Km+ driving and sleepless nights. Will search for it and post here after a few hours, hope you find it before then. :p
  7. Wow.. 3 days without net... I would get crazy. It has become basic necessity ;). Take your time . In the meanwhile, I am searching for too. I still have week's time to complete loan formalities. Thanks.
  8. Working on the accessories list... Planning to get 1) Seat covers 2) Parking sensors from the dealer and bargain for cost and free goodies.

can someone suggest parking sensors? The dealer has parktronics sensors one just sensors and other is with distance show in mirror (LED?). What should I opt for. For the LED there is a mirror which will be fitted on top of the original mirror. With distance meter the cost is ~4.2K and normal is ~3.2-3.5K.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will say go for LED/mirror
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.