1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD - Buying advice

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 'H' is being displayed on the odometer till the first 200 kms. This is just to safeguard that the car hasn't run more than 200 kms when it reaches the customer. Not that most of us are aware about it :p
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sly Cooper, if your car will be taken for registration at RLA office by the dealership, then it is important to make sure that you are satisfied with the car allotted to you before it is sent for registration. Over here in Chandigarh, people take delivery with a temporary number and get the car registered themselves.

Regarding the odometer with H, Fiat cars have a temporary odo with H being displayed on the odo for the first 200km. Actually, if the dealership does not have a particular model available for TD, then they can misuse this by offering a TD of stockyard car and later remove the temp odo by re setting the odo to permanent one. But I guess you shouldn't worry about it. They can just disconnect the odo in case they want to give TD of stockyard cars and it is risky for them too as the cars are not insured in case they meet with an accident during TD.
  3. Thanks guys for the info. New thing learned:). I have given my booking amount cheque today. Surprisingly, the SA was not in a hurry. Working on loan processing now.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats, When is the delivery date expected, and what color have you opted for, any freebies offered
  5. No freebies offered. I need to buy something to get something "free". The color chosen is Tuscan wine. The SA said that I will get the car in 4 days post payment. The car is available in the stock.
  6. I am bit worried after reading this thread. I heard Linea being underpowered however nothing read something like this from the buyer himself. If it is seriously the case, then I may opt out and don't mind paying penalty (paid booking):(. Need honest advice.

Mods: I duplicated some part of my post as I wanted to have it in my own thread.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sly.cooper

I can tell from personal experience that the car is not underpowered. I read that thread you specified and there seems to be an issue with the driver than the car.

If the driver does not get familiar with a car's unique driving style, then its the driver's fault.

The Linea, being a turbo diesel, deserves to be driven in a manner turbo diesels are meant to. And once in the turbo zone it surges effortlessly from 2nd thru to the 5th gear.
    The 1st gear is deliberately kept short to ensure quick moving even under fully loaded conditions or inclines or both.

Do not go by such reviews as in that thread. Go by the reviews of people who know how to drive. I'm not saying it about myself but of the many experienced hands on the forum.

I'm sure more Linea MJD owners will confirm the performance part.

Gurjinder.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Slycooper we had long chat on call on last weekend & you drove Linea MJD in city as well as on Highway & you only said that you didnt find that the car is underpowered.

IMO LINEA is not underpowered you need to get used to its Linear Power Delievery you cant expect sudden surge from FIAT.

What I will suggest go to the showroom again as them for a long test drive. Test drive the n numbers of times & however you want to drive.

Agreed that its not as peppy as Vento or Verna cause those cars have higher powered engines.

Take my test drive the car again & then take a decision. Best Luck

Cheers :)
  10. Slycooper: Linea MJD is not underpowered at all. But power is something which is never enough :D.
    You can go ahead and buy the Linea and you will not regret your decision, that is for sure.
    Once you have completed 15k kms, gotten the first service done, you can always change the air intake which will improve your low end torque thus improving on the pickup and the mileage as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.