1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD - Buying advice

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat cars come equipped with an engine immobilizer with FIAT Code System (FCS), the central database of which is located in Turin, Italy. FCS has rolling code system as well. So I guess it's fairly solid anti-theft system.
    Yes, both Punto/Linea do their basic checks without any audible voice. It starts from making sure that the key inserted in a genuine key for that car.
  2. Here is my list of accessories (I don't want to spend too much for first few months :) ) -
    1) Seat covers - Beige color. The dealer has 7.5 K and 14 K. I might opt for 7.5 K. I haven't seen it yet though
    2) Reverse parking sensor
    3) Film - I will need some help here. The dealer has Rs, 1600, 2500 & 4400 Garware films. Do I need to opt for film for front glass too?
  3. cooper
    if you live in areas which are very hot only then i would advise you film for the front windshield.
    plus get the film thing done outaide. theree are better installers outside than at the showrooms..
    the other accessories depend on your liking..
    the covers are they fo art leather or normal local rexine.. or fabric seat covers?
    there is one set where the covers are beige and the sporty stiches in th edesign with black. it looks cool.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Congratulations !!

Its advisable not to go for any "Teflon" / Paint Protection coating or anti-rust or engine coating treatment from the dealer for a brand new Linea. If Dealer is giving it free, its better not to take it & instead in its place negotiate with dealer to give other accessories free like floor mats/ mud flaps/ Reverse Parking Sensor/ Door Sill plate/ Sun film etc etc.

Any chargeable 3rd party accessories, its better to get from after market rather than the dealer. e.g. For Seat Covers, you'll have plenty of options in after market at much reasonable price. Do visit Seat Covers threads and few technical threads like Did You Know Series, Blue & Me etc...

All The Best & Enjoy the beauty !!
  5. @srikaratluri
    The SA told me that 7.5K is artificial leather. I haven't seen it. Do you know if I can get seat covers from outside with "Linea" embossed in it? I will check accessories at Dealer's place this week.

@VahanPujati - Yes I have dropped body coat, underbody etc. as most of the members advised on not doing it.

@ All - Any idea where I can get door sil protection in Pune? With illumination if possible?

I also read in number of forums that the ground clearance is not high for Linea and it might kiss speedbreakers. If that is the case then do I need to have some protection under the engine or oil tank? Fiat must be providing one however just want to take advise from all of you. I had a experience with oil tank cracking on a bump (Skoda Octavia) when we had gone in my friends car for an outing. This really matters outside of the city.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Driving sensibly will help you avoid any sort of scraping. Adapting to the car is the key,

As for what the 'forums' say, the less said the better. The new honda city, civic are worse on this account.

The Linea comes fitted with a sturdy 'engine guard' from the factory. And its rather big-ish. So, rest assured if you ever scrape that part of the car.

7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sly.Cooper- I read your post in the Verna thread and here is the quote:
    I hope you are not planning to make full payment before delivery. That would be a bad idea.
  8. cooper
    i found punto ones here in hyderabad(art leather).
    punto logo was wmbossed onto the covers. also there are some shops which emboss anything you like onto the covers...

speed breaker kissing
    drive slowly oner them and also in a cross(diagonal) manner most of the problem wil not be there.
    there is 1 or 2 inch gap between the sump and the engine shield that is a good thing as the shield might get scraped but nothing will happen to the engine..
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Good to hear that you opted out body coat.
  10. @PaddleShifter
    Can you please elaborate? Are you suggesting holding up some amount or make the payment of some amount at the time of deliver?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.