1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD - Buying advice

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok. So now "Teflon gone" as per Gurjinder and "Underbody anti rust" gone as per PaddleShifter. What about engine Waxing? I had done underbody for my swift back in 2005 as the SA told me that it would be needed if I go frequently to Mumbai (near to sea??). I will use the same 7K to other accessories.
    The SA told me that he has 3 cars out of which 1 is from March and 2 are from April. I still need to pay him the booking amount cheque. I believe cars manufactured in April should be fine right? If not then I will have to wait for 15-20 days for new one.
    As per SA, 7500/- for extended warranty and RSA is the only offer going on. It actually increased by 3k per him.
  2. there is extended warranty and RSA going round. find out from other dealers or from mumbai.
    there is a totla discount of 40k on the linea this month if i am not wrong
    that was there in autobild this weeks edition
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Avoid it. Un-necessary.

I have not done any such coating on the engine of our Palio D , but still after 6 years , it looks like this. So, make a call whether this "waxing" is required or not. The pic is dated 30-4-2011

Gurjinder.

30042011649.jpg
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    wow gurinder your palios engine is as good as new. must have clicked after a service or you have a habit of cleaning it like me. btw i have never driven a 1.9 palio. how is the engine performance?? the displacement is too large for the car.
  5. A beautiful car with loads of low end torque. Not a scorcher but can hold it's head high. I love this car more than my 90 any day.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    OT
    +1 cyber d

Low end torque,right from idling is what Palio D is all about. Linea MJD is no match to the Palio's city driveability.

Yes, the pic was clicked after a cleanup. The point being that engine's appearance can be maintained without any artificial coating.
    Plus, God only knows whether the coating is able to :
    1. Handle the engine's heat for long periods of time.
    2. Whether the coating will not degrade over time
    3. If the coating can slowly affect the wires/plastics.

Gurjinder.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ^^ +1.
    Most of these "Coatings" are just methods to transfer money from your pocket to their pocket.
  8. Thanks guys. Engine waxing too is off the list now. Reverse parking sensors is a must for me since I have been driving hatch for around 6 years now and will need some assist while reversing. I and kedarbendre had a chat about it and we both feel that I need to get it done from the dealer as it may void warranty? Can someone please confirm? I am also looking for door sill protection however the dealer does not have that. Fiat site shows that in the accessories section.

** There is one thing I would like to admit here. I have been using swift since ~ 6 years now. I have never looked into details of anything related to the car. I am really impressed with the people and knowledge they possess on this site. I hope one day even I will be in a position to know things in details and help others. You guys rock. Thanks as always **
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    If you can get the reverse parking sensors from the dealer, that is always good. Sill protection plates you can get from any dealer and fix it yourself.

You are not alone. I had very limited knowledge after using the Santro for 8 years compared to what I have learned and done in the past two years.
  10. Q. Do I need to worry about anti-theft or security system? Is it built in?
    Q. Also for some of the sedan's there is beeping sound once you turn the electric components on (ting.. ting.. ting). What is that? Is that like a self check of equipments before starting a car? I have not heard that in Linea. I believe Linea too must be having some sort of small computer checking all the stuff???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.