1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD - Buying advice

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks PaddleShifter. I am assuming I can ask for this number once I book the car. Also I am assuming PDI is "Pre Delivery Inspection". I will take some time to get used to all these acronyms.
  2. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @sly.cooper: Welcome to TFI... Please go through my thread to get to understand what you are likely to spend in case you own a petrol or diesel Linea.

What ever you buy I would definitely say that you have taken one of the best decisions and would never repent for this.:cool:
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    silver looks really elegant in linea. i think it is the most understated color in linea. in real it looks really good.
  4. I have finally booked the car :). I went on to the company yard to check all the colors. The drive also worked like a test drive on free highway and bumpy roads thru village. The color chosen is Tuswan Wine. I will be making the payment on Monday. Today being Saturday, my wife was not ready for letting the money go out :-D. The SA also told me that I would get Rs. 2000/- additional discount if I book the car today. As per him, the discount was a month end discount provided by TATA. After total discount, I will be getting Emotion pack for 9.45 L. I have not yet bargained for free accessories as the SA wants me to buy "something" to get free accessories. Must list for accessories is - seat covers, filming, reverse parking sensor (mud flaps, mat will get free). Do I need to go for body coating (underbody, engine waxing and body coat)?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats slycooper .

Great choice of car and brave choice of color ;)

As for the coatings,avoid all of them. They are not needed.

Gud luck.

Gurjinder.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    slycoopper congrats.tuscan wine is excellent colour.
    if offered as a freebie then go for under body coat. else stay away from all of them .
  7. Congratulations sly.cooper on your car. Beautiful car and a fabulous color. Do post your ownership review.
  8. @Gurjinider - Thanks. I have read most of your posts saying "no" for Teflon. I was under the impression that the coat actually made your car shine when new? Is that true? I am assuming that even without so called teflon, the car will shine with polish.

@ All - Hopefully I will complete loan facilities next week and then get the delivery a week after that. The car is in stock. I really don't want to wait;). Can someone point me to any useful link for car care (polishing etc.)?
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Your brand new car will give a lustrous shine even without ''teflon''/waxing/polishing. That's what factory clear coats are for. For protection and for lustre.

Enjoy the car as it is. :)

Gurjinder.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Sly.Cooper,

Does FIAT give monthly offers these days? During mid 2010, FIAT used to update with some nice offer by 4th of every month. e.g. It will give cash discount of Rs5000-10000 along with free insurance, extended warranty and roadside assistance etc. Variable schemes with benefits upto Rs25000-40000 used to be offered. I would recommend you to wait till atleast 4th June 2011 to see what FIAT offers (I suppose there is no offer from FIAT this month anyways).

By the way, FIAT cars already come with underbody anti-rust coating so need to go for undercoating. Teflon is an absolute contraindication for a new vehicle as it is useless.

Finally, got the VIN for decoding? If I were you, I would avoid cars manufactured in Feb 2011 and March 2011 as I have now heard about at least 3 cars in which the AC gas leaked because of the faulty O ring. Though its just a Rs10 rubber ring that is faulty, but still if at least 3 cars have suffered, may be the batch got defective rings. Just my 2 cents.
    P.S.- This faulty O-ring issue has not been faced by too many people so do not generalize that entire batch might have got defective rings.
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.