1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD - Buying advice

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    It feels me proud that sly.cooper ( to whom I didnt see & didnt know earlier ) contacted me & asked about the cars & took my car advice while purchasing his new LINEA. This happened because of TFI. What say Vishal :)

Thanks you so much FIAT. Sly.cooper do upload some photos of your car once you get it.
  2. Yes I will. Thanks Kedar for all your help:)

I managed to get soft copy of T-Jet manual. I believe most/all should be the same right? Electrical s, Menu system etc.
  3. Q. Linea's length is 4560 as compared to Vento 4384. How come still Vento has better leg room at back than Linea. I was always under the impression that the overall length increases leg room at back???
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Length of Linea goes into the BOOT of the car. The boot space of Linea is 500ltr. I am sure than vento's boot space is less than Linea. :)

I was searching it on VW website but it is not mentioned anywhere in vento website.
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Compare:
    1. the depth of the seat (under-thigh support) of the 2 cars. Linea's under-thigh support is excellent. Vento's is poor
    2. the hight of the seat from the floor. Vento seat is very low to give you an appearance of a airy and spacious cabin.
    3. the sum of pt. 1 above and the distance b/w the rear seat edge and the back of the front seat (effectively the space between the backrest and the front seat). I suspect it is slightly higher for Linea.

Vento is actually less spacious with (for me) uncomfortable rear seat offering a very low seating with no under-thigh support and a very high ridge in the middle.
    You may want to sit in the two rear seats to compare after pushing the front seat back towards your preferred driving position. That will give you the best idea. Do not go by numbers thrown around by reviewers / manufacturers.
  7. @abk1980 - Yes it has more legroom and I had checked that during my research. You are true about the sitting position and under-thigh support. Also sit is upright for VW.

@Kedar - For VW, boot space is 460 ltr.

@Dadasaheb - This happens with most of the JV's. Look at Mahindra and Ranault. They have parted their ways and launching separate products. The article too does not conclude about Fiat packing bags from India. The last para suggests that Fiat might have it own showrooms/dealer network.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Dadasaheb you can go through the forum you will find information on FIAT Brand Stores. FIAT is going to open brand store is most of the metro cities & that too in very posh area of the city. So we can conclude that FIAT is not going pack the bag. Instead of that they will launch few more cars in INDIA
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    FIAT will not close its shop here. Their engine business is robust and with the brand shops in place it only gets better.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    YEAH Vasudev....

I think Once they start the brand store there will be increament in sales.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.