1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD - Buying advice

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sly.Cooper, it may be a possibility that the car might have been actually driven from the factory. BTW did you check odo of other cars that are manufactured in Ranjangaon plant (Punto, Linea, Manza). If other vehicles also have the same reading, then you can be assured. Otherwise, since the "H" is visible, it's sure that the car wasn't driven for more than 126Km indeed.

I am not sure if the dealer will agree to get a single Linea via trailer. That would be quite costly for him. Other car manufacturers charge upto Rs4-5k as logistics here in Chandigarh.

EDIT @Gurjinder- Had the car been used as TD, they could have safely reset the Odo and every dealerships have a dedicated Linea MJD TD cars so the possibility of using this car as a TD car are not that much in my opinion. What say? (Though nothing is impossible).

If I have to give my 2 cents, I would advise that take this car if you are satisfied with PDI. Did you get to drive the car as well for assessing the alignment?
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yep PaddleS

I like your suggestion to check the other cars in the dealer's stock. If this one is driven 126km's because it was driven straight from the factory, then others will also show similar readings.

Sly.cooper , it'll be a safe bet to check upon PaddleShifter's point.

Gurjinder.
  3. The stock is at Hingewadi, which is ~30-40 Km from the showroom and I dont think I will get to visit the stock yard again. Ranjangoan to Hinjewadi is ~80-90 Km. I doubt that the car is used for TD as they have different car for TD which is Flamenco Red in color. I have not seen Tuscan Wine color Linea for TD:). Yes it has "H" on the odo. Let me check with Kedar who had bought Punto from Pandit.
    No I did not get to drive this car. Dealer will send documents for registration tomorrow. The car was at the terrace.
  4. if h is there then no issues.
    but he might have disconnected the odo and then used it as a TD.
    anything might have happened.
    do a PDI along with a Test Drive and finalize.
    once rhe car is registerd on your name there is nothing much you can do..
    take good care..

ALL THE BEST
  5. I checked with Kedar who too had similar readings when he bought his Punto. He has also mentioned seeing number of punto/linea's (temp. registration) passing by his office (in route from factory to yard).TD is not possible with unregistered car.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    That settles it buddy.

Now , bring the car home ASAP. We're all waiting eagerly to ogle at it. :p

Gurjinder.
  7. Same here. The SA couldn't get the Form 20 papers signed today in time and the registration is postponed for tomorrow. He assured me that the car will be delivered on Thursday morning as promised. 2 more days to go:dancing.
    Is there any software copy of manual available? Looks like there is lot of information (+ "Did you know"). I am planning to take it to Mumbai on Friday and I would like to avoid surprises ;). I might start reading the manual from today.
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Go through the ''Did you know'' thread. Massively informative.

You'll learn about the wonderful features FIAT put in and is so hesitant to let everyone know! :p

Gurjinder.
  9. Thanks. I am already going thru "Did you know" and "Did you know bugs" threads:)
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  10. Guys, I read thru forums and came to know that headlights are poor. Do I need to change the bulbs to something better?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.