1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD - Buying advice

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dont know about the sensors buddy.

but then if you need the car that badly get one which ever you want, its not only the ac issue,
    but one punto 90 hp owner in other thread was complaining about the clutch getting hard even after getting it replaced.
    car has done less than 10k kms. ac thing can be fixed in 1-2 hrs at max. but this thing will take time for sure.
    and its not yet fixed.
    its your car, your money
    take the plunge
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I dont think you need to wait for a May manufactured car. April manufactured is perfectly fine. We ourselves bought a January manufactured Linea in March.

All the best .

Gurjinder.
  3. I have heard that stock speakers are not that great and I am planning to change it. One more reason to get it done is that I will get Rs. 2000/- as buy back. I had checked with few accessories shop and no one is ready to pay single penny for the stock speakers. Any suggestions? I am planning to get it replaced with JBL. Do I need to get comp. speakers at front? I also checked with kedarbendre who mentioned about "damping". One of the thread under ICE also talked about noise/rattles if it is not done properly. I dont want to go for amp/woofers however need decent sound quality (good bass).
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rs2000 buy back for stock speakers. I am actually willing to pay the guy who is ready to install my stock speakers in his car.

Well I am happy with JBL and Rockford Fosgate speakers I have experienced in various Puntos so far.

I recommend Comps in front and co-axials at the back. Do get damping for all doors. Trust me I will be worth the price you will pay. 5-6k sound foolish to spend on damping while we buy 6 speakers for Rs7-8k but the bass improves and there are no rattles when the bass comes from the speakers.

By the way I had read that Fiat has improved the quality of speakers about 2 months back. I am yet to visit a dealership to confirm the same. Would it be possible for you to keep stock speakers for 2 days and then decide the further course of action.
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    BUYBACK FOR STOCK SPEAKERS!!!!:eek:

mine could not be even salvaged as the stock speakers were rivetted:mad:

the concorde motor guy broke it while trying to remove it using a hammer and a screwdriver:hit

idiots didnt even have proper tools to remove it....my heart skipped a beat or two every time he hammered it ---talk bout original accessorising at the dealereship!! LOL!

i got my stocks changed with blaupunkt ones which were available over there...

since i had already paid some 3k for sunfilms (i thought i wud upgrade to some better brand like 3m with the dealership itself...but they didnt have any choice apart from garware) hence i didnt get the sunfilm done instead i paid 500 extra (over nd above 3k) and got the blaupunkts installed
  6. I will have to check with the dealer. I planned on replacing it while taking the delivery. I will check with them though. I listened to radio during TD however didn't pay much attention as driving was important to check during TD:). Yep I am planning on comps at front and co-ax at the back. The only reason I am doing is buy back.
    Is there any official word from Fiat. Where did you hear about it?
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well, someone got a March 2011 made Punto and has told that he got tweeters as well (2010 cars came with 4 speakers only). Maybe FIAT has improved the speakers.
  8. Got a chance to do little bit of PDI. My kid didn't let me stay for long time.

Odo reading:
    It was H 126 Km. The reason given - reading is high since the car driven directly from the Ranjangaon plant???

Speakers
    I listened to Radio for some time and audio was not bad. I mean Radio sounded very good so I am assuming that CD will be better. I will need to re-think about replacing stock speakers. The buyback option is still tempting. I should have taken a personal CD/USB. The SA told me that it has only speakers and not tweeters. I didn't find him convincing.

The SA (Mr. Kapoor) also told me to get the coating done and also mentioned that the car does not have underbody protection. I have declined based on everyone's advise :). If the manual talks about it then how come SA does not know about it?

Visual inspection shown no damage/scratches etc. The car was dirty though. SA assured that it will cleaned thoroughly . I have asked them to install reverse parking sensors.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    2K BUY BACK !! Where ? I gave those speakers to the installer :(
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's rather high and the explanation given unconvincing. I'm only wary of the car being used as a TD vehicle.
    I'm amazed at the lengths these guys go to, to squeeze that little bit extra from the deal by telling complete lies. I reckon he was charging extra for the underbody coating?

Gurjinder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.