1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD active

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by tushargn, Oct 24, 2011.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Channa,
    Actually I went to Rizwan as suggested by Kedar with 2 options in mind; either Potenza 195/65 r15 as suggested by Kedar or 195/65 r15 as suggested by you.
    But Rizwan was too good to be ignored so took the bet.

Lets catch up this week for a quick ride, would love to hear how does it feel. Already planned a ride with Kedar for this Wednesday.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Linea looks great with those meaty tyres and the gap between wheel arch and tire is filled very well. It gives nice stance to the car. </SPAN>

Regarding Potenza GIII, isn’t it available in 205 65 15?</SPAN>
  3. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    I was told B390 has less rubber than Potenza and Micheline in 205/65 profile, so it does not touch the arch for full steering action
  4. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Goa visit with B390 and tinted windows...Rock solid!
    Been to Goa with 3+1 and full loaded boot. No scraping, superb grip on bad, really bad patches of road!
    B390 again proved to be a right decision, loving it except the noise above 80kmph! 1100+km ride in 4 days was a pleasant experience.
    Tints on glass made the visit comfortable.

It was the last visit with tinted glasses, removed the film from side and rear glass today as newspapers have highlighted stringent measures of RTO starting 1st Dec'14, tomorrow against tinted windows.

Any suggestions on taking the glue off the glass?
  5. linea7361

linea7361 Timido

thane
    Tushar ....removing the film is simple work but if pulled in a dry condition it will spoil ur glass badly as the glu will remain on it u will have tuff time to remove it.
    Just take a Colin or a soapy water spray it on a the ending corners of the film..pull the corner of the film by ur nail slowly And spray the soapy water let the solution dilute the glu slowly peel it ..spray the Sol pull it..spray it pull it..So On....cheers
    tushargn likes this.
  6. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    switched my job and got fan club in new place. :banghead: came to know about it as got a big one foot+ scratch by a sharp object like a key on my bonnet in first month itself. :mad:

gotta get it done at Pune but worried that it would cost a bomb as paint is also off for almost a foot and that too right at the center of bonnet. Any references for work?
  7. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi @tushargn I have been thinking about putting 205/65R15 on my Feb'14 make Linea T-jet, was searching for some user experience. What is your advice for me.... thanks in advance.
  8. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Shall I change timing chain at 58k on 90hp MJD?

Back after a along time, its time for 60k servicing and the classic question... to do or not to do?

So guys, my 5 year old MJD 90hp has now clocked 58k and is with Jai Vijay Motors, Pune for major servicing. I have asked to change all filter and oils but not the timing chain.

On probing, SA said so far he has seen only 1 MJD for chain failure in this workshop, so facts dont support the fobia but still a doubt is a doubt. Shall I stay with the existing timing chain for some more time or would you recommend changing the timing chain at 58k?
  9. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Damage during servicing at Jai Vijay Motors, Pune :rage:
    Went today to Jai Vijay Motors to collect car after major servicing at 58000km. The car was standing washed but to my horror there was bird dropping and long ~5 inch wide mud strip on right side from parking light on panel till end of rear door.
    On questioning angrily, SA called a bodyshop worker who tried to remove mud and scratch mark but the scratch didnt do and we found out there there is a long scratch where paint is removed from parking light to end of rear door and also a vertical DENT of 8 inch on rear door near hinge. Also there was mud and many scratches on front bumper above number plate on right side, in the area of ~1 foot circle.
    I immediately took photos and SA also took some, I asked SA to send me his photos and he did. Spent 3+ hours in arguments, the blame game started as many started saying its not done there but could be pre-existing scratches. They tried to find it on security cams but no cam in that area. so now I have proof that SA was trying to remove scratches and mud on a washed car ready for delivery.

...At the end, I got a signed letter from SA and asst service manager that they will repair damage to my satisfaction with no extra cost and requested to drop car on 6th Sept 2016 when service manager returns, then only I took gate pass and took car out of Jai Vijay Motors.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 1, 2016 ---
    Was away for long time from forum.

Yes the experience is far better than having a low GC car licking almost every speed breaker in Pune.
    5 people and fool boot car has done many off road drives of ~500km, no issues at all on 205/65R15. the best part is where other cars slow down, you can just glide in 1st gear without bother. And for the only theoretical concern of suspension would get hit over time, completed major servicing of 60k, no issues noticed on suspension. Still no signs of tyres scrapping inside in last 30k driven on those tyres.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    PradeepM likes this.