1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD active

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by tushargn, Oct 24, 2011.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    a flashing light from any non fiat in RVM is always taken as offensive and as an open invitation for a demo of VGT. It is always rewarded with a shiftdown and sprint till ~150kmph....:redcar

By the way Italia-Linea, I was expecting a baby and that day had to rush to reach hospital at Kolhapur in time as I wanted not to miss the moment. Proud to announce that I reached just in time and was blessed with a baby boy, one more Fiat lover in the family! :drinks
    9 people like this.
  2. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    3rd Servicing
    Went for 3rd servicing in second week of October at Pandit. Had to spent entire day to get the car delivered on same day due to the rush. Availed free cleaning service by Wruth as part of promotion.

I was flabbergasted to know that though the 2 years were supposed to complete on 23rd Oct, my car was out of warranty as the system date of warranty was over in first week of Oct wrt to dealer registration date. I had to shell 8k over and above regular servicing as the 2 suspension rings were changes. The reason given to me was it would make sound while steering. By the way, saw 3 cars being asked to replace same on that day. Total cost for 3rd servicing was ~13k.

Overall, 29500km in 2 years, 8k above regular servicing... Happy with the experience! :cool:

By the way, met a few TFI members that day including Kedar; who were there after a Punto active accident. The car was a wreck however the two guys who were in the car were almost scratchless even after multiple rollovers of the car. When I saw the car later, was speechless.

As I spent whole day, made a few new friends, thanks to Infinity Ref 1220Se sub, which was drawing people towards the car for a demo n curious questions about the setup. :up
    3 people like this.
  3. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Got RC parking sensors from Reliance autozone. It has 4 rear and 2 front sensors with a mirror mounted display.
    went for this one as the front sensors are helpful in tight corners and bumper to bumper traffic. Front sensors are activated with brake n real with reverse gear.

It's funny the way I try to get closer to the car in front me looking at the display, 22 signals that I have to cross everyday are now a bit less boring.

Tapatalk @ iPhone
  4. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    2nd Bday gift:
    Changing low beams to Phillips Extreme Vision tomo eve, n if impressed would change high beam as well to the same!

Was interested for Osram NB but didn't hear anyone talking good about it.

Stay tuned for before n after pics.

Tapatalk @ iPhone
    1 person likes this.
  5. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Linea Osram H7 and Phillips Extremevision_H7.jpg

I am planning to stick with only low bean upgrade for now for a week. Will think whether I should really change high beam with same!:cool:

So far, I have now taken xenon OFF the list! :confused:
    2 people like this.
  6. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Broken..... Break light!

Yes, I want to report this issue on the forum though its not cribbing scene.

last few days I was getting constant additional noises n niggles on raising volume, like some rattling. Last night I happened to get out of car to load some stuff in boot and usually i dont, but I kept the music volume same as it is when I am in.
    And thats where I noticed my brake light is broken from assembly on right side and is jumping on all heavy bass drop n beats, making it rattle.
    I was shocked at first but then laughed over it, the rattle in not big inside but the dancing light is sure a fun sight from outside.
    I have decided to keep the dancing break light as it is, as an visual indicator for car behind me to keep guessing whats happening inside causing this, all they get is muffled beats if got closer.

Bu the way, the other new cracking sound I noticed outside was too hard to find. After unloading and reloading everything in boot and some time spent, the culprit found was a broken rim of rear left wheel cap. Yes, it was making weird cracking noise outside while music is being played inside. gotta change all the wheel caps soon.

So far so good n full 10 marks to infinity Ref 1220 SE sub.

Tapatalk @ iPhone
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Tushar if I am not wrong you changed all the wheelcaps in your last service. Then again this problem. :)

My car is at Pandit Bavdhan and I will be there tomorrow. If you are planning to visit Pandit tomorrow then give me a buzz.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
  8. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    I was planning but cancelled wheel cap replacement when planned expenses were bumped up by 8k making 4th servicing cost ~13k.

Not possible tomo man, studing for PMP certification, have scheduled exam at Mumbai on 31st December.

Tapatalk @ iPhone
  9. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Linea tyre upgrade to 205/65r15!

Been looking for tyre upgrade for sometime as the wheel alignment issue has been diagnosed to be an issue with tyres. Searched a lot of forums and finally went to Rizwan@Pune.

I was looking for Potenza GIII 195/65 R15, but Rizwan suggetsed Bridgestone 205/95 R15! He actaulyl contacted a few people on forum and discussed after my query call and by the time I went there, he insisted for Bridgestone 205/65 R15.

My prime and simple Requirements:
    • I would like to be a bit less careful (read like other cars) while driving on rough roads/potholes
    • It would be nice to cross speed breakers without decreasing the speed to near zero
    • Noise - Music is always high and GT3 been noisy between 120-140; less tyre noise would be great.
    • Wide - I dont have ABS, so wider rubber would be better grip, more heavier steering, a bit decrease in acceleration and also better breaking.. well, sounds good to me!
    • Side wall - I have been on Goodyear GT3 for 3 years for 37k, so anything different would be better and better would be best!
    • Tyre life - 30-35k should be ok, dont want to wait till end of rubber!
    • Cost - As I wont take this car to Autobahn in next 3 years or 35k, I dont need super awesome tyre with super awesome features that wont apply for my usage.
    • Look - would prefer grip over looks

So the summary, as an average user with occasional rides of 145kmph who is Ok for a bit compromise on acceleration after 3 years of ownership, I said OK for 205/65 R15!

image.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image7.jpeg image9.jpeg image10.jpeg image11.jpeg

First Verdict after 50km ride: Awesome!!!!!
    1. Feeling - 4/5 - It have 17.25mm height increase + new tyre; in call almost giving 2cm+ height increase
    2. Look - 6/5 - Gives full arch like mustung, looks damn masculine!
    3. Bridgestone B390 - Well, it does 90k+ for Tourist Innova, I dont think I'd ever ride worst than tourist drivers to say that tyre does not meet my expectation
    4. Acceleration 4/5 - not a noticeable difference, wont to wait for few more rides with 5 people on board, rpm 2k+ is still giving the feel of Linea, no compromise
    5. Fitment 5/5 -Tyre DOES NOT touch wheel arch, no scraping for 50 odd km
    6. Noise - 4/5 - different and very minimal buzz when all windows rolled up, definitely difficult to figure out with the engine running felt amazing than previous GT3
    7. Grip - 5/5 - I easily went over potholes and small puddles, even crossed a few cars from left purposely, felt amazing than previous GT3
    8. Full turn - Took 3 full turns while crossing roads, no scraping at all
    9. Odo reading error - really? does it matter?
    10. Odo Milage error - so what, is it even worth considering advantages?

Rizwan@Pimple Saudagar has agreed to revert to Potenza 195/65 if I Insist after a month! I really dont think I would want to get back to 195/60 unless you guys want to point at some practical disadvantage.
    1 person likes this.
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Tushar good ...finally you nailed down and got the new shoes for your linea
    Bridgestone b390 is fantastic tyres. Enjoy the drive!!!