1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD active

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by tushargn, Oct 24, 2011.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Any Linea owner facing the issue of left side pull, thats not resolved even after multiple wheel alignments?

Ganges, I seriously doubt this being a FIAT feature and not a defect as this was not present when I bought the car. I travel at 100-163 kmph ( :dance , yes, crossed 160 on Pune-Bangalore highway. was not confident to floor it more as it was very light and unreliable to control, better explained in the words would be something like driving i20 or Verna @80kmph n above:evilsmile) speed range which makes me very cautious to rely on stability.

any suggestion on good place for wheel alignment @pune?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    What about tire rotation? Does it change direction after swapping wheels - left to right?

After i had the wheels aligned and the tyres rotated - as per the FIAT recommendation of front to back swap , no crossing - the pulling continued.

Then i had the tyres crossed (the rear ones went to alternate sides at the front) and it was perfect.

Also, if nothing seems to solve it, have the tyres removed from the rim and install them again. I found this the hard way after spending one complete day on this issue in a Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  3. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    front crossing already tried, I'll get them try crossing the front tyres to rear ones. taking all tyres out of rim sounds like a stone not touched till now, but looking at the pain, I'd go for it.

Thanks Gurjinder,
    I'll try this all over weekend. Its been months that I have left the steering after a smooth curve n I did not had to bother about staying on road. O'h dear, missing that pleasure :rolleyes:
  4. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    13 months, 18400+km. Crossed 160kmph again on Pune-Kolhapur road. Waiting for the year end, off from work for 25th December to 2nd January. Thinking of a road trip ride with no specific destination but a joyride.

any suggestions for something to start from Kolhapur?
  5. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    crossed 20000km n O'boy, M loving it everyday as if it's my first day! :dance
    2 people like this.
  6. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well Tushar, congrats dude, but you 'll be having a tough competition from my side, as its just 8months passed i got my MJD GP and i've already crossed the 24.5k mark, also about the left side pulling issue, m also facing the same, even with tyre rotation the issue is still there, m not sure where the SA guys rotated tires in cross or in just front to back style.

Or is this will be an issue of Break pads worn out?
  7. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    hummm, didnt think of checking breakpads. I would check in that direction for sure!
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Tushar are you still facing the left pulling issue?

Did you change the tyres? I think tyres are culprit in your case.
  9. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    First B'day gift for the car is amp and front door damping!

Current setup+Upgrades:
    Amp: JVC KS-AX3104 800w
    Front Door: Helix comp
    Rear Door: Helix Coax
    Damping: Front door- Bass FX
    Difference: Now a drum sounds like a DRUM and I can hear the difference between electric and acoustic guitars! 'Dash Berlin... Waiting' is my anthem! :dance
    2 people like this.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    By the way tushar, i think i saw on en-route Pune Kolhapur highway. You were driving ahead of my Tata Safari. I flashed lights to you couple of times, but you were not able to notice :)

It was 16th Feb saturday
    1 person likes this.