1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD active

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by tushargn, Oct 24, 2011.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Isn't she delicate but mean? some close shots!

Some close shots....

wide n mascular tyres
    IMG_3434.jpg

curves in line
    IMG_3424.jpg

perspective view... from eyes of an engineer
    IMG_3426.jpg

Ready for road.. anytime!
    IMG_3430.jpg
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    24.7 is almost an impossible mileage for me to achieve on kolhapur pune road :) amazing driving i must say. The best on this highway was 22 that i got and my best timing for pune-kolhapur trip in my linea is 2hours 47 minutes - mileage i got on this trip was 17kmpl.
  3. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    lol, I know what you mean. While going to Kolhapur on Monday I was at 120~130kmph as it was just me and my wife. Linea makes one forget the consumption factor when the driving conditions are excellent. While returning to Pune, parents were with us. I was tired and it was Tuesday noon, absolutely traffic free roads and no what so ever traffic on roads. after a considerable time with the bug of keeping her under 80kmph, even my mom asked me twice are we going slower by any means? :D I kept her strictly under 2000rpm and shifting gears at 1600-1700rpm for entire ride. It took us ~5 hours for the 240km journey.

I set the trip from highway when we left Kolhapur at Tawde Hotel and last check was at Sinhgad Road flyover while entering Pune. Its absolutely highway run and with no queue at 2 toll booths and just 1 or 2 cars' queue at rest 2 toll booths. by the way, I have noticed earlier that the instant consumption shows mileage drop when we idle at same location for long. ( had to attend a tele-conference in car for 50+ min in Kolhapur. For AC, I had to keep the engine running idle for almost an hour at same spot. When I finished the conference and went to switch off the engine, total 240km trip's mileage was displayed ~2+km lesser) :irked
    1 person likes this.
  4. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Llumar filming for windscreen
    My beauty got Llumar sun control filming for front glass today. Car already has sides and rare glass filming provided by dealer, in love with dark charcol looks and and planning to keep it till I brush off with law someday n sometime! ::T Llumar SP60 is the one I was suggested by the dealer for VFM and heat rejection with better visibility. Was not in position to quest the one suggested as got a Honda Citi and a Santro filming done from same vendor in family.

Heat Rejection:
    So far so good. As I dont have experience to compare with other products, I am happy with the heat rejection from the windscreen after comparing it with the windscreen which was earlier without filming. Now I don't get burning feeling on exposed hands while driving in afternoon.
    Installation:
    4/10. There are visible scratches which annoy me. :eek: When objected(after installation), the installation guy said those are squeezee marks which would go in a few days.. as if I bought the excuse! :A
    Looks
    Was not expecting but got a slight golden tint when looked from angle and a cool reflection as well.... loving it!
    Overall
    7/10 :up
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  5. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    2nd servicing
    Done with the second servicing in last week of Sept'12 at Pundit Auto, Pune. Cost was 7200.

Issues so far
    Wheel alignment.. grrrr! its been 4 times I've taken car to outsite wheel alignment centers and 2 times with service center itself, the car still pulls to left, not serious as it was last month, but still its not completely gone!

post servicing
    the daily 26km ride to office is a pathetic situation due to traffic.:rage With more than 22 signals to n fro n the avg speed ~17kmph, i manage to get 14+kmpl but on highway, its more than 20kmpl.

Overall experience after 1 year of ownership
    Completed 1 year this month with running 16465km. Extremely happy with the decision of switching the booking to Linea MJD from i20. Now with the ride quality n comfort (no, I wont crib by compariung it to high end options in the class, rather I prefer to compare it to the other choices I had in front of me while I booked the Linea) I feel happy for the choice. N the icing on the cake is rising fuel prices, everytime I see petrol prices getting high, A smile comes to my face thinking my rides are comparatively getting cheaper.:drinks The funny part is riding in Linea is cheaper for me than to ride my Karizma :lol
    1 person likes this.
  6. Congrats on completing a year with your car...:clap
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay Tushar nice to see you after long time, congratulations buddy. :)
  8. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Kedar. yeh, I am deep buried lately with work to spare personal time. Wanted to have a word with you for this alignment issue I am facing since long. One of the wheel alignment center guy after trying 3 diff settings with 3 test rides and finally a tyre rotation said its a standard problem with Linea pulling towards left and he already has 3 Linea as his customers facing this issue. :confused:

I am not alignment expert, but finalized that I am not going to that center anymore for sure :evilsmile

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks wolverine. The pleasure is worth one more long drive :redcar
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After leaving the steering the car slowlly pulls towards left with covering few meters of distance and this is present in my punto as well,but doesnt makes any pain in hands.
    Considering from the safety point of view may be FIAT have designed the steering to function in that way only.if it was right pull then thats was a concern.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Pull is dependent on the camber angle which is created by the road gradient.