1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD active

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by tushargn, Oct 24, 2011.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Tron!
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    :up

Many many congratulations!

This calls for some -> :drinks
  3. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Sure Gurjinder........ thanks a ton!
  4. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Covered 1500km in 17 days... the experience

thanks to all TFIians for making me feel as if I know the car since long, loving the ride more with all the expertize and knowledge made available here.....

1 I saw black dust on my wheelcaps today.. didn't bother or panic as I was anticipating for it! :)

2 amber light is glowing on the display since I took car from service station but not scared to death as I've been already suggested what it could be, going to service station this weekend. ;)

3 I don't get tempted with colorful stickers at fuel stations and prefer not to put anything in the MJD except 'saadhhaa' diesel :D

4 Now am more lightfooted on accelerator and trying to drive with a sense as if clutch and brakepedal has 120v shock! :eek:

5 and by the way..... now I prefer to take out Karizma if the 'eve' is expected to get 'wet' after a thirsty n hectic day! :drinks
  5. deepam

deepam

Mumbai
    Hey tushar congratulations for getting 2 beauties in ur life at a time.
    u can call ur linea a lucky linea...

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Hey tushar congratulations for getting 2 beauties in ur life at a time.
    u can call ur linea a lucky linea...
  6. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Deepam!
  7. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    completed 3000km and touched 150kmph :dance
    and finally the wait was over, have seen many cars cruise on highways since childhood, kept fingers crossed.. Mera bhi din aayega!

and then day arrived. car had completed 2700km and I said yes to accompany friends to a ride of Kokan over weekend. have explicitly kept car within 1700-2500 rpm for almost 2 months to let it cover 3000k. Now once we hit the road at night, the traffic was unusually less for a Chrismas weekend. after a steady drive for a hundred km, the ride started getting a bit relaxed... on gas! RPM started climbing when the music was creating the tempo. we were casually chatting and enjoying the music, thanks to helix.

And suddenly....................... we realized the speedo is showing 140km!!!!!!! we were surprised as we were not planning for any record or to check the car out or anything. but felt funny cause we didn't realize any difference in ride quality when we started the highway at ~80kmph. we slowed down a bit, to 120. It gave a new top for us. C'mon, 3 mechanical engineers out on a weekend drive and a car touches 140, do I need to express how exciting it was? so after talking on how surprisingly smooth it felt at 140, the accelerator was again floored in linear curve and Linea was again behaving... like she is built to be!

this time the speedo crossed 140, touched 150, crossed 150 and we all were holding our breath with sheer surprise. then after 150, the accelerator was eased, again with linear deceleration to bring her to ~80-100 range so we can talk and enjoy the music as well as ride!

B'lieve me.. first time crossing 3000rpm, after 3000km and touching 150kmph on empty road n as fiat says............ Admiration Guaranteed! :redcar
    3 people like this.
  8. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    First Servicing issue list for Linea MJD! :traffic

. none! :lol
    C'mon, why would one expect any issues out of MJD with 4500km within 3 months? many people didn't believe I dont have to change engine oil at the time of first servicing and was even suggested to change it to make sure engine life increases. :firey Completed servicing in 4 hours and took car out with pride! Booked first servicing at Kolhapur as its the place where I took the delivery and was on the way towards Goa from Pune, got it done in 4 hours. To celebrate the moment and occasion of long weekend of 4 days, proceeded to the next destination... Goa! The adjusted clutch play and accelerator took some time to get used to, but within a few km, i got in love with the feel. The ride ahead towards Goa on NH4 and SH168 was simply awesome! Though I have already touched 150kmph as soon as I completed 3000km, this time I restricted myself to 130kmph on excellent road towards Goa as this time I was with family.

The ride Pune-Kolhapur-Goa-Pune was excellent ... except 1 lost and 2 broken mudflaps! :confused: But its OK sacrifice for enjoying 130kmph on highways and letting accelrator loose on rough single roads. Good thing is not a single scraping incident!!!! I am not calling myself as a best driver, but I don't see any reason I would see the much discussed "Upgrade to increase GC" topics to influence me to go for it. C'mon, after first 2-3 scrapes on day 1, I have hardly touched anything except the tyres. ( dents not included... C'mon, I am a newbee for driving :rolleyes: ) All am saying is one gets used to the drive a low GC car over everything in first few days rather within the experience of first few potholes and speed brakers that the car doesn't touch anything anymore. Now what difference would it make to increase GC of a car that I manage to drive without scraping the underbody panel?
  9. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    24.7kmpl after 7600km in 4 months :drinks

This is great! Now getting used to drive MJD in a way that an MJD should be driven....
    For Kolhapur-Pune ride of 240km on NH4 with 4 passengers on board and fully loaded boot, I decided not to floor the pedal and try a cool ride listening to some classic songs. Was skeptical on braking as the 90hp UFO was acting like a cargo plane when loaded to core (I mean it! it was my 2nd trip, returning to Pune with loads of luggage after my marriage ;)), decided to try a clean ride of constant 80kmph. Believe me, pune-Kolhapur at 130kmph and Kolhapur-Pune at 80kmph is too hard to achieve, but instant consumption figures kept me excited and then I completed the ride with a pride.

With avg speed 62kmph, received astonishing figure of 24.7kmpl! :redcar
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats great :)....

Post some photos of GOA trip :)