1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD active

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by tushargn, Oct 24, 2011.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

the delivery story... a picture book :

Car getting out of showrrom for RTO registration. I spent 2 days in showroom and made sure i get things done under my supervision.

Waiting for inspection.... was a lovely drive of 10+km from showroom and I thank SA to let me drive ;)

omg... just in love with curves!

Post inspection drove it back to showroom as delivery was scheduled for next day and bro and Jiju were coming from Pune to Kolhapur 230km to acompany me for the delivery ... :sad1

Now post delivery, drove 230km to Pune from Kolhapur for Pooja with parents. After dinner at 11.30, left for a ride, first time behind sterring alone in Linea. went to see friends, and went for a drive.... odo showing 290km at 2.30am.

Next morning at Carax, Pune for ICE....

Kenwood KDC-U4549 HU :
    • System Q EX (Preset & Manual Sound Control with 3 bands parametric EQ)
    • Bass Boost, Maximum Output Power : 50W x 4 (MOSFET Power IC)
    • Front AUX Input, 3 Preout (2.5V), Subwoofer Level Adjustable
    • System E's+ (Built-in HPF & LPF)

This detected my 16gb jump drive easily and remote is also easy to operate. The bluetooth ready HU can connect to phones with an external adaptor. Grrrr, OK! ;)

Helix B 6X co-axials for rear door and Helix B62C Dark Blue componants in front doors. installer said listen to this without amp, its more than adequate to make you think again do I really need amp and bass tube? He also said this is good no doubt, but a 4 channel amp can make this blast without basstube as Helix can sound better with an amp! point noted and added in checklist! ::V

did you notice helix forged on the dome.... sexy

1" silk dome tweeters.... Germans know how to play it loud, n still keep the wow factor alive! hte installer had to take the cover out and use fevi Quick to fix it at the tiny place of tweeter.

finally done with assembly. havent uploaded any final assembly pic as it doesn't show anything, may be I can upload the display pic of the 1 din player!

Cost :
    22k came to 18k after discount.

Damping :
    not at this point, would see in phase II ( 4 channel 300w amp ) or phase III ( 12" 300w sub )

:cool: out of infinity, Helix, JBL, Boston, Rockford and Blau that I chose for comparison, I liked the combination and completeness of sound produced by Helix most. Without amp, the comps and co axe make me feel the vibration in seat and door panel and thats pretty unexpected as I was under impression that to my taste, I would be Ok only after I setup an amp and sub.

I had my fev trance music with me... 'Dash Berlin' 10 tracks of world's #8 DJ, 320 bits and size 20mb each. Oh man, that sounds awesome and brought a smile on my face... afterall thats what is important, when you play your setup for first time... a smile, right? ;)

want rear co axials to produce only bass and from comps also to supress high freq, thinking to set hi freq to +2 only. The HU has many controls that would including Subwoofer Level Adjustament, System E's+ (Built-in HPF & LPF) that I need to try to my taste. would write in few hours/days once I get used to the controls and set the HU settings to the expectations.
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The active Linea looks great. Has a nice no frills business like look.

And you're piling up some serious mileage fast! Do not wait for 3000km's to finish to experience the Multijet above 2000rpm's. Not needed at all.

Drive it normally, just short of thrashing the hell out of it. Our Linea was seeing 3500rpm's in short bursts when it had around 3-400 km's on the clock.

So, drive it hard, but don't abuse it. That's it.

Have a read of posts # 6, 11, 13,18 of THIS thread as well. A few generally accepted good practices.

3. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Congrats!!! Tuashar,

Pics taken at Marvelous I understand....and at University Road...

Enjoy the Italian...fun...

4. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

oh great! thats gonna make diwali vacations a fun to remember, though I dont want to stretch her to 120+ as if now, but its pain on highway when you are overtaking a loaded hCV and people behind you starts honking and flashing lights.. all just because you are driving with cont. 1500rpm and 60kmph :p

thanks Aniket, you are right. took the delivery at eve and reached Pune by 10.30pm.
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

i can understand the excitement bro but you gotta take care of her! No harm to her above 2000 rpm but still keep it in the range of 2000-2500rpm range only. Show your engine this range of rpms for small spans. It will be great not to cross speed limit of 90/100 kmph. for first 2k kms. On highway drive don't drive her for long time in same speed. Show some variation of rpms to engine on highway drive.
    Cheers! Enjoy your beauty.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Congratulations and best wishes, tushargn. Happy and safe driving in your lovely Linea.
  7. U r tempting me to buy an active linea.congrats.the wheel covers looks awesome.BTW Flamenco red has been stopped by fiat.LINEA is now available only in White
    ,Black,Silver among the popular shades.in the premium FTA,TW,Bronzo Scuro and SBB are there even in the diesel.
  8. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

ok Tron. being new to driving, I wont even think to cross 100 for now, (though I have done 240km Pune-Kolhapur in 2 hours 35 mins on my Karizma).

however, some more days, some more kilometers, and this statement of mine would change for sure! :p

Thanks Ravi!

Thanks Vignesh. though the active version may lack some features compared to other Linea versions, I dont mind as still the active gives better feel than the i20 Sportz CRDI that I had booked earlier. And yes, Bronzo Scuro is stunning!
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Tushar congratulations :dance
  10. Congrats Tushar. Happy Married life with your linea