1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD - 2014 or 2015?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Rahul Yerabaka, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Rahul Yerabaka

Rahul Yerabaka Timido

Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi all,

I have booked a Linea MJD. Don't know whether to go for the 2014 model or if i should take 2015 model
    The deal i got is around 10,70,000 including everything for the 2014 emotion model

I am in a fix and would like your help. The 2014 model is from March make that's what is making this harder to think as its been more than 9 months at the FIAT factory in PUNE

Please let me know whether i should even be considering the 2014 model or should i go for a 2015 make.
    If suggesting 2014 car is there something specific that i should be looking for other than the normal PDI?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    2014 model should be fine, but being of March make, make sure to to PDI properly. Also, do negotiate on cost, or ask for new car.
    Rahul Yerabaka likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

@Rahul Yerabaka

The only thing which will decide between the 2014 and 2015 models is the cost. If you are getting a fat discount on the 2014 model, then you need to think about it provided its thoroughly PDIed.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    @Rahul Yerabaka,

The discounts on the older models should be much more, although I think taxes for Bangalore are much higher (as is said I think)
    You could also be looking at the newer Linea with much improvements that will make the premium worth it. Like ghodlur suggested if you get a very good discount, please go ahead with the deal. Please contact our user @fernandeskaran (start conversation) with him and ask him about his recent deal. You could be in for a surprise. Now certainly Bangalore prices are higher, but you will get a better picture of discounts for olders cars after you get to know about his purchase.

Best of Luck..!
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    You should not be worried about the car staying at the factory for longer periods as long as you do a thorough PDI and the car passes the PDI. Given the discounts on the 2014 model and the 2015 model being no different, makes sense to go for the 2014 model.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Is postfacelift model or pre facelift model? As there were huge discounts on pre facelift model. Please bargain hard and save money on initial investment on 2014 model. If no major difference then 2015 model makes more sense.