1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

LINEA MJD 2009 Engine Tech Specs(PS & Torque) different from current model specs

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ramu_dodda, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

forget about the commercials when discussing the technical changes made to convert bs3 to bs4.

the Rs.10000 or similar has nothing to proportionate the bs3 to bs4 conversions.

prices keep on changing irrespective to conversions.

in that case vento has increased prices upto 1.2 lacs i guess.
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    So i was correct that its not a simple case of just retuning of engine to make it different from BS3, it lot more parts that are different in BS4 to make the conversion.

@RAMU i think this nearly answered your question for this thread.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

@Italia-Linea : i know, but we are talking about a same car with same manufactured date but with different emission compliant engine. So i think that 10k does somehow reflect the conversion from BS3 to BS4
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Mine starts with that number exactly, I remember checking mine during the PDI even. Mine is a february manufactured vehicle though.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  4. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    As far as i remembered, Fiat started production of BS4 from Jan end or Feb and the Plastic were improved from Jan2010. Both BS3 and BS4 were in production together at that time.
  5. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thank You All for your reply. I agree with Bhai & Vijay it is Multijet enging from the beginning of the Linea Launch not JTD. I enquired lot about the cars before selecting the FIAT LINEA . there were lot of good reviews about Fiat Multijet engine in Linea. The world famous diesel engine and won some awards too, I went to concord motors sanathnagar to enquire about Punto launch , I saw linea and fall in love with it and i have asked for the test drive , I was very much impressed with ride quality. the problem was I have already booked Swift Dezire by that time as 3 months waiting period for that CAR. I have changed my mind and ready to spend 1.3 Lakh more for LINEA( swift dzire cost 679000 and LINEA Dynamic Rs.800000), immediately cancelled swift dezire and booked FIAT LINEA Dyanamic on same day (June 2009).

FIAT 2009 LINEA(Diesel) is Multijet Engine and BSIII Compliant. I have got the 2009 LINEA brouchure in the net and uploaded here for everyone reference.

2009 Fiat Car Brochures in India

My Question is can TASS/FIAT Re-tune the 2009 BSIII engine from 86 ps to 93 ps ??. FIAT LINEA 2009 SPECS.jpg
  6. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Ramu : i think this has been already answered above in my post, but i will like you to look again at the post from Vijay_khasa, Their were lot of parts changed in BS3 for conversion to BS4, hence this is not a case of just a retune. I have checked there is no Retune of BS3 engine which makes it 93ps with Fiat ASS.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Other option available for you are Remap or tuning box to increase BHP. But this we have already discussed in one of your other thread

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/engine-drivetrain/4155-dragon-tuning-kit-linea-multijet.html

I dont think we need to discuss it all over again.
  7. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thanks Jotinder, I thought above changes in engine to control the emission to be a BS4 complaint. what I am asking is just tune the BS3 engine to 93bhp. I think there are some models sold out with 93 Bhp in BSIII. I used to visit Fiat-India.com regularly they have changed the engine specs one day suddenly to 93 bhp( I guess it is in Jan 2010, dont remember exactly). later there was rule passed in India that all new cars has to be BS4 compliant , then fiat has changed in website with BS4 and additional mileage 19.9KM with BS4 engine.

they have increased the engine power to 93 in BSIII only which is much before BS4 engine comes.

I know we have discussed about using dragon, petes external kits to tune the engine but few people strongly recommended not to go for these kits , so i am only interested in TASS(Fiat Authorized) tuning in case they do it.

May Be I can stop thinking about this tuning as i don't see any much difference in pickup for 2009(86ps) and 2011(93ps) model linea.

I appreciate all your help in clarifying my doubt.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  8. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    @Ramu : some of these parts have direct relation to engine performance like Turbocharger, injection control unit etc. As i have said earlier, its not a simple case of retune. Also i have checked there is no Retune available with Fiat Ass for this upgrade.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  9. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Jotinder Thanks for your reply, I dont agree with the statement changed parts(Turbocharger, injection control unit ) increased the engine power, As I mentioned they have given 93 PS in BS3 engine also, later on the rules passed for BS4 in india then they have upgraded engine, these parts might have been changed when they convert engine from BS3 to BS4. Infact Turbocharger, injection control unit is there in BS3 engine as well, they might have refined them to latest for better emission contol.

Thats okay If FIAT is not Tuning then I can compromize on the current engine power 86 PS.