1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MJD 1.3 mileage down to 14 kmpl

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Pavneet S. Bajaj, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Hi Guys!

I have a Linea 1.3 MJD March 2011 model & have done 26000 Kms. The mileage of the car has suddenly dropped down to 14 kmpl from a good 17-18 kmpl. My driving is a mix of highway & city driving. The car goes to Mr. O. P. Sharma for service always.

Can a dirty air filter be a reason behind it? Am not very car engine savvy.

Please suggest.

Pavneet
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    How fast or how much do u revv ur car to get 14 kmpl?
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Check the engine oil level. Do you find any difference in drive apart from the FE change?
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Check the tire pressure level,seems there is a problem certainly,may be rectified if the car goes through a routine service.
  5. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Pavneet

Can you please share the phone number of O.P. Sharma, also which service station is he working in.
  6. Hi Guys,

I got the air filter cleaned yesterday and mileage is back to normal now. Thanks for all your help.

@puntostat: The maximum speed I drive my car is 70 km/h on highway as I use the Delhi Gurgaon highway for going to office.

@Bala: I get the tire pressure checked once in 10 days.

@Jotinder: You can get in touch with him on +91 9891369998. He is with Him Motors, Patparganj now.

Thanks,
    Pavneet
  7. rajb

rajb Timido

delhi
    Delhi
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Pavneet,

My name is Raj and I am planning to get a 2014 Linea MJT. Can you please help me with the mileage figures that I can expect from the MJT under city driving conditions in Delhi with and without AC?
    I simply love the car, at the same time the distance that I drive monthly is a bit high and I could not find a mention about the mileage that I can expect in city.
    Thanks in advance for your guidance.
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    There is a separate thread on mileage itself.
    I can't find it easily as I'm using tapatalk.
    You will be amazed to see the mileage figures achieved by tfians.
    Linea and punto diesel reaching 30 kmpl or more and tjet reaching 18.9 kmpl etc.
    fiats easily give more than their ARAI spec.
    Please give a search in the forum.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Mine 1.3 MJD constantly gives around 15 kmpl in city. Got air filter cleaned yesterday. It has covered only 4k kms on odo.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @rajb Mileage depends on many things, as you know. But you'll be amazed at both how powerful and yet fuel efficient the diesel multijet is in Delhi ncr traffic, if driven smartly. At a minimum i'd say 14+ km/l, ac always on. At a MINIMUM, it'll likely be meaningfully higher. And if you often drive on more open stretches and traffic times within delhi ncr: 16+. EASILY.

The car returns better mileage than the ARAI number. It returns unbelievable mileage if driven in tune/resonance with its character. Highway mileage of 22 and beyond is a given, on say the Delhi Chandigarh route.

Be advised that the engine's overall performance and efficiency improves appreciably after the first several thousand kms.

btw, the t-jet petrol returns 10-11 km/l, ac on, in Delhi Gurgaon traffic.

cheers, and congrats on your choice. Keep us updated, will you (price/dealer etc etc)?