1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Mileage: With AC and Without AC

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vinit, Mar 13, 2015.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,

Did a mileage test on my New Linea Multijet Emotion which is two months old in Mumbai. For the last week (Mon to Fri), set the tripmeter for home to office and back with AC ON at 24 Deg. Reset the trip meter every day to record fresh reading every time. Keep the route and time of the travel same for the complete week. The average mileage was 12.5 KMPL.

Repeated the same test this week, without AC and all other parameters same. The average mileage was 16.4 KMPL.

I am really surprised to see such a big difference in the mileage with AC and without AC.. The difference is nearly 4 KMPL..

Is this a normal behaviour of Linea ? What are the experiences of the other group members ??
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    difference normally is 2-3 km.. anyways, thats close to the figure i had during my stay at mumbai.. used to average around 13 in and around colaba.. it increases as your car is run in and goes past first service.
  3. abhionline

abhionline Timido

thiruvananthapuram
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Yeah that's possible. My siena's figures are even complicated, in city: 8-10 with ac and 12+ without ac... In highway: 15+ with ac and 22+ without ac
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well I bought evo 90 hp 2 weeks back and as we have the same engines under I thoroughly concur with your readings. I drive in Pune traffic for 40 kms per day. Following are my figures:
    12.5-13.5 with AC
    15.5-16.5 without AC
    Another thing that I noticed is when I up shift at around 2000 RPM I get a slightly better figures as compared to up shifting at 2500 RPM.
    Also I keep AC at 21-22 degrees.
  5. Taurus7

Taurus7 Novizio

Kartnataka
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Everyone,

I would like to know, is it ok to take your New Car for a Long Drive about 2000 KM to 3000 KM, do we need to take any precautions?

Thanks,

Ranbir
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Taurus7, it's perfectly fine to take it out for a long drive. Below is what I followed for my TJet and it worked pretty fine. I took it out for a ~650 km journey in 10 days of ownership.
    Check tyre pressure and fluid levels[engine oil, brake oil, coolant] after 1000 Km mark and before starting off. Keep an eye on temperature gauge that it shouldn't cross half way mark during the journey. Being a turbo, ensure that you let the engine idle for 2 minutes at least on a spirited drive before shutting it off. Try to be within 100 kmph, though I couldn't do that. ;)
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. Taurus7

Taurus7 Novizio

Kartnataka
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Saket, and congratulations for your T Jet. I am thinking to finalize Emotion Advanced Mutijet Diesel Variant. Could you please tell me about Temperature Gauge, is this is same like Volkswagen which stays constant in Middle only. as I know it Needle never go down and up.

Thanks,
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, it has always stayed in the middle for me once the car runs up a few kms on a cold start. And continued the same way for any highway run. There's also a warning light on the temperature gauge. If that glows, it's recommended to get it checked at a service center.
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    My Cars FE log. Please note that all the numbers are on more than 50% air-conditioning

uploadfromtaptalk1430882674649.jpg
  10. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Totally agree with your readings Pradeep... Even in my case, the tank full to tank full FE figures are always higher than the MID figures.
    PradeepM likes this.