1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea MID and Seat Height adjustment issue resolved-Excellent response by FCA India.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Utpal Saikia, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Jorhat, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh
    Linea 1.3
    Hi everyone,

I am extremely happy to report that two big issues in my Linea MJD have been resolved without much hassle. These issues have been bothering me for quite some time and I started feeling apprehensive that all the niggles associated with a fiat has begun to make life miserable. However, Fiat has been so supportive in resolving the issues and in providing all the services/spare parts free of cost under warranty.

I purchased my Linea MJD emotion in March’13 and I have not faced any issue until recently. However,in Jan’15 the MID started blinking one day and went blank completely after about one week. After going through several posts in this forum and in tbhp, I knew the MID would never come back to its life again. It remained dead for almost 2 months as I had no time to visit the SC( worth mentioning that SC is located at 300 km from my place).

Another problem is with the Driver seat height adjustment mechanism which was not functioning as well.

Apart from this, other problems were Horn pad RHS not functioning, floor mat getting wet from the AC condensed water and Rear sunguard dislodged from the slot.

Finally on 30th March I took the vehicle to the SC for 3rd free service, where they could solve a) Horn issue by cleaning Copper Strips off ‘blue rusts’ and b) AC condensed water logging problem.

There was no solution to the MID and seat height adjustment problem at the SC and I had to request the SA to replace the Instrument Console and Seat height adjuster mechanism under warranty. They said that they would raise a request and replace the parts under warranty subject to the approval of Fiat. Next day, I put up a letter to Fiat Customer Care explaining the issues and requested them to approve the warranty claim. After two days, got a call from Fiat Pune and was informed that a complain had been registered and they will keep me updated about the progress, Service Head of Mahesh Motors Mr. Shailendra Thakuria was also looped in the conference call. I was keeping my fingers crossed for next few days as I knew Fiat has been way more generous than other car manufacturer in settling warranty issues. Yesterday, I got the call from Mr. Thakuria and was informed that the claim has been approved by Fiat. Today, got a call from Fiat Pune informing the same and a mail from Mr. Thakuria stating that orders have been placed for the ‘Instrument Cluster’ and ‘Seat height Adjuster Mechanism’. The parts should arrive within 10-12 days.

This is the story friends, and I must appreciate Fiat for such early solution to these issues and bringing customer delight. I was not even asked a single question; it took me only two mails to write and a couple of days to wait. I am not sure any other manufacturer would be so supportive in settling warranty claims in such a manner.

At last thanks, to Fiat, and thanks to the forum for it’s the guidance and all the information it provides.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    RaviHegde, bharath, dadasaheb and 2 others like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Just see what @Rituraj 's labours have resulted in! Credit to him, then? Now the small matter of 300kms....:p;)
    bharath, asimpleson and Utpal Saikia like this.
  3. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Linea 1.3
    Yes, prabhjot ,without a dealer in Assam, we would have been doomed !And no complain at all about 300 km :). And thanks to Rituraj including others who might have put their valuable effort in getting a dealer started in Assam.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Utpal Saikia

There is a flip side to the saga though, which is the question of just how viable mahesh motors can be in even the medium run, given the fass 'troubles' in Assam @Rituraj has been so diligenty 'exposing'? let's hope for the best for you guys. And Fiat in Assam.

cheers
  5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Sarcasm is your forte @prabhjot. I am not getting into another tussle with you.
    @Utpal Saikia, glad to meet a fellow member from Jorhat. Also glad to note that you have managed to get your issues resolved in next to no time. Hope your car stays issue-free from hereon.
    Utpal Saikia likes this.
  6. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot I have no idea how well Fiat/Fiat dealer is doing in other cities? Of course situation is grim here. Have not spotted a New Linea or evo or avventura as yet. It is going to be a little tough for them to flourish or rather survive-One would say. Hoping for the best :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 10, 2015 ---
    Glad to see you too @Rituraj, have seen your posts in someother forum as well. Thanks for your words, Yes I was fortunate that the approval came in real quick time....now looking forward to get them assembled after bihu.
    prabhjot and Rituraj like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    But doesn't seem so much a sarcasm as much as jovial nudging. ;) And yes it evoked the response needed..! Reading Jorhat brought the same thought about your car issues man! Its like Jorhat has one Fiat customer; thats Rituraj (in agony :inpain:). Although I am sure that him and everyone else too does consider this matter needs to be resolved seriously and sooner and better than it already seems to be. Words meant no 'arm! :D
    prabhjot and Rituraj like this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rituraj

It was a tad sarcastic I'll admit, but a joke nevertheless, as signalled by the 2 smilies. However, if your 'efforts' are going to result in a proper long term FASS solution for you and others in Assam, I couldn't be happier, which fellow Fiat owner/fan wouldn't be? I wouldn't have gone about it quite in the way or rather the language you have...but IF it has worked/works, great!

cheers
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

Boss, I am located in Fiat India's manufacturing hub (Pune) and I have seen may be a dozen or so EVOs/Avventuras. More Avventuras than EVOs , btw. But I do get to see the 2014 Lineas from time to time. So the situation is not that different from Jorhat to Pune.
    Utpal Saikia likes this.
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Utpal Saikia, I am seeing a good number of Avventuras and Evos on roads in NCR. While that doesn't say much about Fiat's survival, as long as FASC are there, no need to worry. Fiat cars are nonetheless meant for their fan base most of the time. I was not a Fiat fan until I got myself a TJET and that has turned me to an eternal fan as of now. Cheers as long as we are enjoying the drives in safest cars around and that matters a lot.
    Utpal Saikia and prabhjot like this.