1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Low beam upgrade to Phillips Extremevision H7

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by tushargn, Dec 1, 2013.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    After a brief search, I decided to try Phillips Extremevision for Linea. Had to strike out Osram NB as didnt hear good about it.

The pic is for many enthusiastic people like me who are in double mind for actual outcome.
    Linea Osram H7 and Phillips Extremevision_H7.jpg

When I switch to High beam, the light is mixed with yellow. Let me know what you think about switching high beam as well with Phillips xV.
    5 people like this.
  2. lotanipara

lotanipara Timido

Bhubaneswar
    its looking like HID! any idea about phillips crystal/diamond vision bulbs? Are they too white lights?
  3. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    For all the research done n thanks to Kedar n Channa, I think extreme vision is brightest of all.

Other Phillips options are a bit whiter but much less bright. So on road its less significant.

Osram Nightbreaker plus is far more whiter than this, you can see it on youtube as well; but most of the people report life ~6 months. I was ready to take chance but I didnt find it in first 3 stores at Pune, so I took the call here.

Till now i was not able to diffrentiate my light in traffic; today I was happy to see trails on cars in front of me as well as almost 30 deg extra on both sides.
    3 people like this.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    How about heating up the headlamps with the Phillips Extreme Vision?
    If the heating is not much more then these are real good options to try for.

Please post the cost you paid for these lights :)
  5. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Its same wattage, so no heating problem; costs ~INR 1400 at Reliance autozone.
    1 person likes this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The bright white light is good in the dry condition, but the wet conditions and fog both the night breakers and Extreme vision are quite useless. But in dry conditions, they defnitely fare better than stock.
    4 people like this.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Tushar, the pic on left looks more bright ;). Basically yellow light is better than the whitish light due to the specturm and color temperature. You will feel they are bright in dry, but when in wet they are more horrible than stock
    1 person likes this.
  8. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    I agree, thats why I have kept the high beam to the stock yellow Osrams'.

By the way, the whole search pointed at any fog lamp than yellow is not actually a fog light n so is useless in situations. Is anyone using PIA fog bulbs around? Saw a few good reviews n videos of European countries.

I am thinking to get good pure yellow fog lights in case I am not going for white Xenon.

Tapatalk @ iPhone
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    OSRAM H7 look better. From a strictly technical perspective yellow and black combination offer better visibility as well.
    Rest is upto you. Visibility should always be at it's best for any vehicle. It's the colour temperature that's cooler but not so cool.. :cool:
  10. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Sure asimpleson.

Anyone with 'PIAA plasma ion yellow H11' fog bulb experience? Check youtube for performance video.

Tapatalk @ iPhone