1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Love Story

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Linea-Lover, May 11, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Why didn't you change the tires upon delivery? Given your presence across so many forums, and after speaking to you the other day, I figured you would have been the *only one* who must have gone for better set of tires!
  2. Yes the Eagle NCT's aren't one of the best tyres. I still stick to that. But then again, what is an individuals requirement. Mine wasn't a aggressive drive or pedal to metal all the time kind of drive. On the higways we generally stick to around 100 and 120 on the higher side. For those kind of speeds they do the job pretty well.

Secondly, ICE :p. That made me bankrupt :(.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Umm, I would not agree with you here. On a generic level, all/most individuals require their tires to be silent, grippy and comfort oriented. NCT5 really does not score high on either of these parameters. I have heard these tyres become especially noisy after 20k kms.

And if you really are 'pedal to metal' kind of an aggressive driver, you would have been looking at performance oriented tires like Yoko Advans or Conti CPC2 etc.

I firmly belive in "investing" in a good set of tyres, as it initially sets you back by about 15k (assuming OEM tires are replaced immediately) but the expense is amortized over 40-45k kms or over 3-4 years. SO it's a worthy investment!

Most people realize the need to change stock tyres after 10-20k kms and at that point, you do not get any return value for them. It's rather better to get them changed upon delivery when they are less than 100 kms run.

P.S. I think ICE was the ONLY reason, not the secondary reason :p
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Nishant are you planning to change tyres after delivery. If yes please do keep us posted
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Any specific reason to suggest Yoko C Drives?
    My dealer tells me that Italians are crazy for "beautiful" things and they consider 1/2 ltr bottles ugly. How lame is that excuse!!
    NCT5 lasted 45k kms? Man that's really awesome! Could you detail the bad aspects of these tires a bit more?
    LOL.
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
    @<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">fiattucine - THAT story is indeed correct. I have spoken to 2 separate dealers for illuminated door sills and spoiler and got to hear the same version. However, I'm wondering how big this fire was that it's taken them 3+ months to get started again?

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Yes I am considering Michelin Primacy LC.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Whats the affect on warranty when you change tyres? Does it get affected due to the tyre change?
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    No. Tyre warranty is separate and is provided by Goodyear. That does not interfere with the car warranty. Of course the assumption here is that you are not altering the stock tyre size.

Anyway, this thread is one of the rare occasions where a tyre company has accepted it's fault. Usually they blame it on the roads/customer's driving style and refuse to honor warranty.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Mine is still running on the stock and I do not see any problems with it, except for the horrible noise. My speeds vary from 80 - 160 depending on the road. I read in another forum few of Merc vehicles use the same tyres.

My Palio also came with GY GPS2, they lasted for 30K, I have driven them on all the terrains, later replaced again with GY.

ICE: I just replaced the stock speakers with Polk without amp and they are doing wonderful job. I replaced only speakers because of electrical warranty problem

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  9. Yeah, you can say so. Pump up the volume to reduce the speed and the noise :p

This is what happens when Italians and Indians work together :p.

Well, in that case I should feel lucky. The thing is that I was pretty calm with the company representative and took him for a TD. Swapped the tyre with the spare and voila, no vibration. There was no reason for him to blame either the driver, the road or the chassis.

Tyre life depends a lot on the road conditions as well. The smoother the roads, the longer they'll last. The Michelins on my OHC have lasted me around 60k kms. Now they are kinda getting bald. Lets see how long with the NCT5 last on the T-jet.