1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Love Story

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Linea-Lover, May 11, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Paji which Linea is fun to drive T Jet or Multi Jet as both the cars has turbo. It also kicks at almost same RPM range.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I too need to hit the highway to confirm on the RPM. It is below 2K for sure not above.
  3. Exactly. Now in order to keep the turbo in the boil @ 2300 rpm +, the speed will be around 110 or so. This is not always possible given the kind of traffic on our highways.
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    LineaLover, could you please update us on the mileage? City and Highway both.

I am getting 10 KMPL in the city and highway i normally drive > 140 and seeing 12+ , once drove @ 80 KPH saw some 14+ car has clocked 3670 KM
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The pitfalls of tuning the car with an emphasis on fuel efficiency than out and out performance.

5th gear, 1800-1900 revs, 80kmph makes perfect sense for economical cruising. Not performance touring. For that, the Jet would need a close ratio 6 speed 'box.

I wonder if Drifter babu can do some tinkering here.

Gurjinder.

Edit - Kedar bhai, i havent driven a T jet so cant comment. But it'll be one helluva drive for sure.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I agree with Vasudev. Have not had any problems with the TJet. The turbo starts kicking in at 1500rpm itself, though it reaches close to the peak only at 2000rpm. But the surge starts building up above 1500 itself. Have driven till 150/160kmph and felt no dearth of torque in that zone starting 1500rpm.
    The ANHC does not come even close, nor do the SX4 or Corolla (the only sedans I have driven).
  7. I am getting a mileage of 11~11.5 kmpl in the city with 100% A/C. On the highway I couldn't check accurately but it was in the range of 12~13 because we some spirited driving to open her up. We will be doing a trip to Delhi this weekend. Then I'll be able to give the accurate figures.

Absolutely. Even in my OHC the tacho hovers around 2k at speeds of 80kmph. That is one of the most fuel efficient band for the engine. Drifter babu will come to rescue for sure :).

As I mentioned earlier. It is too premature for me to make judgments with 2k kms clocked. The engine will open up a bit more after another 3k kms.
    ANHC, SX4 and Corolla are crappy cars. I'm telling about the OHC which till date is still one of the fastest cars this side of 12 lakhs, especially the VTEC.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I loved the looks of the OHC (2000-2005) models and also the VTEC Badge.
  9. Update on the vibrations: Got the wheels balanced. All the vibrations have now vanished in thin air :).

A few days back I was at the airport at around 4 a.m. to receive my uncle. We got in the car, switched on the A/c and all I can hear is some kind of a whine. I sometimes wonder how does Fiat short list its vendors. I think I should also start supplying to them. As it is, QC is least of their botheration. Anyways, the symptom is that the moment one switches on the A/c one can hear some kind of a whine similar to a turbo whine and hot air blown out of the vents. The difference is turbo whine is sweeeet, this is NOT. It makes you sweat as the A/c is not working . Took her to the service center and its the famous 'O' Ring failure. They replaced it, charged the gas and it now working absolutely fine.
  10. Took her on the highway again today and tried to squeeze everything out she had in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. Managed to touch around 140 in 3rd and the car was extremely stable. The brakes are excellent. I did get a chance to test them a bit. A truck was coming from the wrong side and there was a bike rider who swerved to the right while I was doing around 120ish. Applied the brakes and the car confidently lost its pace without losing even a bit of grip. Pretty decent I must say.

Now coming to the reason why I went on this drive.

Yesterday evening I picked my wife from office as usual and we were on our way back home. We stopped at a signal and were enjoying the loud music. The car in front of us moved ahead by a few meters and so did we. There was this Wagon R behind us and God knows what happened to him but he floored and BAM. The whole car shook and I was like OH F***. Got out of the car praying and hoping that its not that bad. But it was. The whole rear bumper was crushed. I didn't know what to say or do and just kept staring at it for a few seconds. The driver of the Wagon R got out and before I could say anything he apologized and said that he'll pay for all the damages done. Well, then there is nothing left to say. No point shouting and yelling at him when he has accepted his mistake and is ready to compensate us for it.

This is what it now looks like

2011-06-28_09-33-06_694.jpg

Thats the reason I hit the highway to go to Cargo Motor's body shop regarding the rear bumper. Thankfully they have it and will be leaving the car tomorrow for repairs.