1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Love Story

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Linea-Lover, May 11, 2011.

1. @fiatlover: I guess. They still need to work on the finer details, in the car and the company as well :p.

@Karan desai: Absolutely dude. With such long and bad summer, its totally worth it. Initially a bit heavy on the pocket but worthwhile in the long run :).
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Linea-Lover and fiattcine.

I still remember the SA telling my father that you can do 120 in the third gear when we took delivery of the Palio. I was 7 yrs old back then.

Third gear of all Fiats is special. :D

The same thing happened with us when we Test Drove Linea for the first time!
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Congratulations, Linea-Lover on the Jet !!!
    And you just reminded me Ahmedabad & how I miss it !!!

Somewhere near S.G.Road? or the other side of town?
  4. Thanks VahanPujari.

You are spot on. Just after Karnavati Club :).
  5. Hi guys,
    Got the defective tyre inspected today. Well, it was just a formality so had to be done. The 'inspector' found it defective as well . They will be giving me a replacement most probably on Monday. Guess what!!! As Goodyear is a tyre manufacturer they will give me the tyre which I have to get fixed on my own :eek:

Mileage Update:
    As per MID: for 746 kms driven it was showing Average Consumption of 10.6.
    Calculating Tank to Tank: 746 kms driven. Fuel consumed 38.5+39.15= 77.65.
    Mileage turns out to: 9.6 kmpl with 100% A/C.

ICE Review:
    Speakers: Horrible. What I don't understand is why do they give such crappy speakers in the first place? They aren't even liveable with. Not that I'm an audiophile but atleast provide speakers which people can listen to if they don't want to upgrade them.
    The passenger has no control over the stereo. He/She cannot change the songs. All they can do is control the volume and pause/mute it. Now thats a bit strange to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Pickup:
    Yesterday evening I was coming back to office for some urgent work. The moment I left home a dude in a Swift VDi was behind me and it seemed as if something/someone crawled up his trousers . He kept honking and flashing the headlight like a maniac. There wasn't any space for me to let him go by as there was a bus parked in front of me. There was a T-junction up ahead and then the brilliant 1 km stretch. I just grinned and thought, lets see what this thing is actually capable of . Took the turn slowly and the 'dude' tried to overtake me taking the outside line. I down-shifted to 1st and floored it ;). 'MY GOD', was my reaction. It just flew and within no time shifted to 2nd and then to 3rd. All I could see in the rear view mirror was small tiny little headlight of the swift . There is this wonderful beast underneath the hood which is always eager to pounce on anyone, given a chance. Its just breathtaking the way it gathers speed and lunges ahead. I'm impressed and happy as well :cool:.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    aha..incredible..!!!
  7. Man, excellent and passionate write up. As said earlier, i am waiting for more updates from you guys in the future.

Are they changing all 4+1 tyres ?
    If yes; why not trade them immediately with some other better tyres/brand like yoko C Drive etc.
  8. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    congratulations to both of you, fiat lover and fiattucine! enjoy your T-JETS!
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  9. Thanks jayadev.

Thanks bnzjon. No, they are replacing only one tyre, the one thats defective. We were planning to change them earlier with Yoko S Drive but then the ICE would've been put on hold. So, I decided to go ahead with ICE instead of the tyres :).

Thanks saharsh.
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I had the same dilemma for my Punto MJD since the oil burner gets boomy at higher revs plus the tyre noise. So much so I had plans to damp the entire car and change the tyres midway through their lifecycle. But after the ICE upgrade, all it takes a slight tweak of the volume control, and voila the engine boom and tyre noise vanishes. Peace!!

Go ahead with the ICE, you will not regret it.