1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Love Story

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Linea-Lover, May 11, 2011.

1. Soccerfan, you bet. :D

fiattucine is officialy the first female FIATian to join us over here. :p

...and we've another female FIATian, namely chotubaba
    Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Bijli ben Dhanno and Chhamiya.... ehem !!!!..:cool :devil
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    really interesting write up. makes me feel good when i read you are from gujarat and ahmedabad. my uno was bought from tej motors in '97 and used to service her quite often at aspi. i had also done my linea's ac update at aspi motors (they are good at servicing).
    lineas sell quite well in ahmedabad i guess. whenever i visit ahmdabad i keep my eyes open and spot fiats and it makes me feel happy.
  4. fiattucine

fiattucine

Ahmedabad
    WOW!!! Klub Class, am I???? That is so awesome!!!!! I am kicked to bits :D

Jayadev, I somehow cannot call my car Sarah or Diana. Desi kitschy names are so cool, man, just like Sholay and Amitabh :D

Its good to hear from a fellow Gujarati, karanbhai. Kem chho? yeah, I am trying to learn Gujarati :) Good feedback there on Aspi motor service. We would like to hear more about your experiences on the service front and we will share ours as well, as and when we do.
  5. fiattucine

fiattucine

Ahmedabad
    Sorry, this line by me somehow got pasted in the quote: Thank you, all you wonderful, mad, happy Fiat fans for the terrific response. We are one big Fiat family, innit? :D

kr vasudev, spot on!!! I am already missing it.
  6. Yes, you're. :D

As I said before, stop being lazy and start updating the thread. :p

You can always edit your post and fix the issue all by yourself within 20 mins after posting. :)
  7. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Interesting thread...waiting for the update.
    Congrats on the t-jet and for being the first bijli of tfi....
  8. fiattucine

fiattucine

Ahmedabad
    Klub class, my boss will fire me if I do nothing but write updates here :p

thanks tjetdriver. btw, Bijli is my car, not me :)
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats to both of you!! @Fiattucine- Yes, we are mad fiat fans here. Lets keep that line unedited here, what say? :p
  10. fiattucine

fiattucine

Ahmedabad
    Absolutely@PaddleShifter :D

And finally, Tjet Plus- 1000km update and ownership experience.

Lets discuss the problems first then the pleasures, shall we?
    Well, one would have thought that the pleasure of owning a Fiat and not having any problems or niggles is an an oxymoron. However, it looks like Fiat has come a long way as far as their quality of parts/accessories and fitment are concerned. There were minor niggles at the PDI like the front doors wouldn't shut properly. One had to literally slam the doors shut. USB port didn't work. The boot wouldn't close without a lot of effort. It needed to be SLAMMED down hard before it would close. I immediately told the SA that things would have to change before I accept delivery of the car. The thought of tiny me suffering a concussion or even worse, chipped nail polish, because of the boot, was a horrifying one They had one day to rectify all problems before we took delivery, which they did except the boot .

So on 6th of May, on the occassion of Akshaya Tritiya, we got our Bijli ben home. There was no ribbon on the car, no ceremony. In fact,it was not even washed properly because the car had gone to get the above cited problems to be sorted out. Not that we minded the ribbons and ceremony not being there but it sure didnt feel nice driving home a less than sparkling clean new car. We did get a small gift-wrapped basket containing a few chocolates. I suppose that took the place of the bottle of Italian wine. Sob! Prohibition must be prohibited!!! Its wrong and does more harm than good. People could die choking on a piece of chocolate, you know!

Aaaah! that felt good. Like stepping on the gas and letting her rip! Clears all the cobwebs and cylinders

As was fair and just, I had the honour of driving the car home from the showroom. After all, I signed the cheque The odo reading was at 57 and there was barely enough fuel to get us to the nearest petrol pump which was about a mile away. Having tanked up, she was driven off home carefuly, with my husband following in the Palio close behind.

We reached home and for a couple of hours we hardly spoke. We grinned at each other a lot though. Like stupid teenagers high on hormonal overdose. It hadn't quite sunk in that we had bought a new car and what a car! That night we drove to the Riverside restaurant for a celebratory dinner. We parked the car and had a small photo session with the new addition to our garage. Yes, yes, yes, the pics will follow soon.

We did not mind the hour long wait for a table, being dinner to a horde of blood-thirsty mosquitoes, fighting off sleep and exhaustion from excitement. The ride back home was really nice. New car, wide empty roads and two very happy but exhausted people. Bliss.

The next day my husband woke up early and without me having to poke him in the ribs. Now that was strange. He even looked wide awake and somehow eager to do something. Like go downstairs to the parking and lech at the new car?

That day, I drove her to the dealership and they rectified the problems. Boot opens and shuts silky smooth now.The front driver door is still not closing the way I would like it to- with a soft thud. My husband says he has plans to get it done during the first check-up at 5000kms. The way I look at it, these are not major problems. More like niggles that do need to be sorted out but nothing to panic about. These are about the issues I have faced and have been solved promptly by Cargo Motors, Ahmedabad. I haven't faced any major problems as yet.

Last but not the least, I am very happy to report that the panel gap and alignment problems that Fiat was infamous for, are history sluggishness is a thing of the past. Now they need to work on their A.S.S and we all know squats and lunges won't help, in this case

Please do ask questions and bring anything I might have missed, to my attention. More to follow as we go along! :D