1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Love Story

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Linea-Lover, May 11, 2011.

1. So there we were, confused. Especially me, Mr. Perpetually-Confused. There are a couple of Lineas in the society we stay in and one happens to be parked right where we can see it from our verandah. My wife joked that its God putting temptation in my line of sight :p I would stare and sigh deeply every morning as we had our morning tea. My head would always turn when one would cross by me and before you I knew it, I was head over heels in love with her.

As my wife was pretty sure that I would remain in a confused state, we headed to the Honda showroom to TD the Jazz. I liked its cute look which my wife didnt (Japanese Koi fish face, she says) but she decided she could live with it. Extremely practical car, loads of space like a typical Honda. A bit sluggish due to the 1.2 ltr engine and they were offering a discount of Rs. 55,000.00 as well. A good deal and my wife decided that she had had enough of TD-ing and this was it. The Jazz it would be. The trademark Honda blue color with gun metal alloys. But I wasn't convinced somehow. The thought of my wife driving a Jazz and giving up on the passion she has just because I was confused bothered me. Woke up next morning and decided it was time for the 4th TD of the Linea and this time, the T-Jet's 2nd. We walked towards the TD car and man is it beautiful!! Sharp edges combined with smooth flowing curves, in perfect harmony. Exquisitely sculpted head lamps and tail lamps, unlike the trend these day of bulging lights a.k.a. Toad eyes :p. Sit inside and the beautiful retro dials beg to be looked at. Plush Italian leather seats caress your thighs and back. Crank her and she purrs, begging you to hit the road and see what she can do. Slowly I took her out of the complex and hit the highway which was newly paved. That’s the place where she shines. We in Gujarat has some of the best road infrastructure in the country and in this car, its just you and the tarmac. No wind noise or tyre noise (except from the drivers door :p). Almost like gliding on thin air. Reached a small toll plaza with rumble strips and she went over the rumbles with panache and ever so smoothly, we barely felt a bump. Time to put the foot down a bit and off she GOES. Without a hint of hesitation, she just lunges forward. Under that beautiful and sexy body is a devil waiting to be unleashed. We got back to the showroom with dreamy expressions on our faces. These expressions didnt go away, not even when we sat down to discuss finance.

So started the search on forums for ownership reviews and as I read here about the experience of people owning one, especially the mileage bit, nothing could stop me now. My wife was kind enough to give me a couple of days to make up my mind, which wasn't required as I had already decided. So we went to Cargo Motors for the booking and came across Tushar Thakar, the sales executive. I was really surprised the way he handled us. He is extremely polite, very prompt, very patient and always smiling. Its because of him that our opinion of Tata-Fiat dealerships has changed. We were expecting really disinterested service which wasn't the case.
    Handed over the booking amount and the delivery was to be on the 6th May, Akshaya Tritiya day. There was still one question to be answered though, which color? Tuscan Wine is the best looking color for the Linea but Ahmedabad being an extremely dusty place, it would be a pain in the a** trying to keep it clean and sparkling. So we decided to go for the Bossa Nova White. The decision, in part, was helped by my wife who smiled at me sweetly and said " You do know that you will be cleaning the car, not me".
    On the 5th we went for the PDI with a long list of checks to be done we found on other forums. We couldnt restrain the wide grins on our faces as we walked towards her, catching our first glimpse of her in real life. Tushar, the SE, was surprised looking at us with a bunch of papers and pen and systematically ticking on the list and making note of the points which need to be attended to.
    Problems found in the PDI:
    1. Boot doesn't close properly. One has to slam it really hard to close it.
    2. Front two doors don't close properly. Have to close them hardly.
    3. USB not working.
    Delivery day!!! We were in our respective work places trying to work but in vain. Afternoon
    my wife calls me and says she is getting restless and just cannot sit in the office and the next moment I was in the car on the way to her office to pick her up!! Frankly, I didn't need her call to run out :p Had lunch and after a while headed to the showroom for the delivery as our Bijli ben (thats what we christened her. Our other cars are Dhanno and Chhamiya :D) had gone to their workshop for repairs/amendment of points noted in the PDI. We find that some other customer had also come for delivery of a car and found that the car was scratched and were really upset and angry about it. We looked at each other and felt smart that we took the effort of coming the previous day and do the PDI. Took the delivery, my wife proudly drove her home with me following in the Palio. The Fiat Brigade is going home:D.
  2. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    A story well presented and for the Euro 4 horn, well :A
    The FIAT bug does not change a bit.

The Linea and the Palio... similar to our experience, Punto and the Palio.

Great to know both are smitten. Have a T-Jet experience for many years.
    Last edited: May 11, 2011
  3. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Nice !! cant wait for the next episode.
  4. Klub Class, jayadev, gurjinder, Ashpalio, M A N U, teky, kedarbendre Thanks all you guys. Images and initial ownership coming soon :)
  5. gurus

gurus Amatore

This is one of the best intro Linea could get. Good work guys...Images are expected :)
  6. Serious. I am subscribed to this thread !
    Looking forward to some pictures of the beauty as well.
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Yes... Me too.. Fantastic write up. It's so interesting to read and now hooked on as well. Hope there is no dearth of pictures as well.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

WOW , excellent write up. It has been long time to read an interesting post like this.

@ Linea-Lover congratulations on your TJet purchase. Wish you happy miles ahead.

I did a similar upgrade, Palio to Jet. The only thing you gonna miss is Steering Feedback !

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

That was a lovely intro! Congratulations on your purchase to you both!
    Waiting for the pics :)
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

So are you the first lady member of team -fiat?? :)