1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Lighting upgrade - 100w / 80 W

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by GP_Freak, May 22, 2013.

1. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Regolare

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    May be you had better eye sight than mine ;-) .I was too spoiled by the beam throw pattern with 100/90 in My Alto coupled with a pair of Hella 500.The High beam was kind of carpet lighting in dark roads and Hellas are pointed straight ahead for illuminating objects in the road as far as possible. The Linea even with upgraded lighting is simply no match. Trust me on this, once you go 100/80 setup, you will never go back to night breakers.
    1 person likes this.
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Regolare

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Update:

Approx 4 years post upgrade:

No of bulb blows outs in two years - 1 Nos H1 conked off. Currently H7 Phillips 80 watts cost 325 bucks. So chose H7 Osram
    No of fuse blow outs in two years - 1 Nos low beam fuse.

Other issues faced :
    1: High beam not working. Currently in Service Centre for checking. Will update later.
    2: Low beam H7 connector got burned out. Chose to replace the whole wiring harness along with Relay for 600 bucks. Could have chosen a cheaper option of spending 20 bucks to change the connector alone.

@Italia-Linea , now posting Pics of the harness which you requested eons back. This is some unknown brand. Edit: Best Auto

xpa783.jpg

11m46lk.jpg
  3. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Regolare

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Current update - No issues found now. Works perfectly with factory wiring. Will change the new Harness and that should be it.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have faced darkening of glass due to 100/90 bulbs, though got it cleaned.i do lot of night drives and for me in a year atleast two bulbs were conked off, was using an non branded relay and wiring harness.
    Now switched to chinese LEDs 50W 2250inr from aliexpress,using now for more than 8 months, not a single issue reported, didnt found at all headlight becoming hot.
  5. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How's the performance of the Chinese ones compared to the stock ones.
    Pics please of low beam if possible.
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,
    How is the glass cleaned?
    Which make of led bulbs have you got?

Regards
    Kiran
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Till now no blow outs, with halogens i would have experienced the blow out given with my night drives and period of usage.Due to the reflectors within headlight the light disperse is very bad , the opposite vehicles find bit difficult due to the intensity and the reflection.Hence after lot of night drives , i have come up with adding filming(dark grey) on the headlight, now everything looks good.if this is the case of low beam, then you can imagine how it will be with high beam :) . Overall satisfied, its just 50W. Low to high beam switch vice a versa while overtaking works absolutely fantastic.

@kirenh
    Headlight glass cleaning was done from a professional, normally this is charged around 1100inr. The outcome is superb.

LEDs are V16 Turbo LEDs brand(Chinese).
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 12, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 12, 2016 ---
    Refer this thread about headlight cleaning
    gpunto75 likes this.