1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea lambda sensor query

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nileshdd, Aug 10, 2014.

1. nileshdd

nileshdd Timido

Pune
    Hi all,

I have a 2010 Linea 1.4 FIRE. I have some long distance trips coming up, so I had been to FASS to get a general check-up done. Though I had no such warning showing up before the check-up, they found ' Check Engine' showing up and the examiner giving the lambda sensor error.

The technician told me it was related to the post catalytic converter sensor and there was nothing to worry about. The warning light, that stays up the entire time the engine is on, can be ignored and it will have no impact.
    He also quoted the sensor to be around 6k.

I did some googling and found that the sensor is vital for closed loop operation of the engine and wrong sensor values can cause huge damage to the engine.

Can somebody help me if you know how important/risky this situation is? Should I get the sensor changed at any cost?

Thank you all in advance
    Nilesh

P.S I am a newbie and all I say above is from a day's googling. So please correct me if I said something inaccurate.
    :)
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have you changed the car battery ?
  3. nileshdd

nileshdd Timido

Pune
    Not recently. Been about a year. I am not sure that's related to this, is it?

Thanks
    Nilesh
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try to reset once by disconnecting the battery .if it still exists then follow FASS.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It may not affect immediately, but it is definitely harmful on the long run as it hampers closed loop operation and takes assumed values from ecu ,not real condition and injects wrong fuel quantity !!
    1 person likes this.