1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea knocking sound when turning right

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Sandeep Alexander, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Sandeep Alexander

Sandeep Alexander Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Everyone,

Not sure is this is the right sub-forum to post this problem. If it is, kindly excuse my Ignorance.

Hyderabad today witnessed an unexpected and abnormally heavy rain fall. Me and my brave Linea waded through knee deep water and managed to reach work without any unwanted hassle. However once I reached office and headed to the multilevel parking, i hear and feel a very evident knocking sound when turning right, this sound is from the front left wheel. This is not the case when turning left. I think this is due to the water wading we did today but not sure if this will go away (knocking sound) or if this needs a Fiat authorized service center's attention.
    The knocking feels as if the tyre jerks when we brake hard.
    Please advise

thank you...
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Sandeep Alexander

I guess this must because of the brake pads being wet and unable to loosen the grip when braked earlier. Try brake pumping by depressing the brake pedal a few times before you start the car.

Check visually if there is anything stuck between the brake pads and disc brakes. If problem still persists, visit the FASS.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I faced a similar problem while turning left in my Linea, though I never had got deep into water at all. I used to hear a "tak" sound while turning the steering fully to the left side. There was no issue while turning right. They tightened the nuts/bolts, suspension, link rod, shockers etc and it worked fine after that. I am not sure if you have the same issue but can get it inspected for that.
    harryaviator likes this.
  4. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    You can also check the wheel arch protection.
    Faced a similar issue where I used to hear knocking sound but was because of the wheel arch protection touching the tyre. The sound the fibre makes tends to be amplified inside the cabin.

I just changed the wheel arch costs around 450
  5. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Check out your suspension mounts and link rod. They are generally the culprits. Suspension mounts are known trouble makers