1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Key fob problems

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by saargoga, Nov 7, 2014.

1. saargoga

saargoga Timido

Noida
    Hello,

Lately my Linea key has started to behave, I am assuming that its the battery on the key fob or maybe some problem with the lock mechanism. I wish to narrow down the cause with your help.

Ok on a few occasions pressing the lock button on the fob results in lock then unlock, and the last time i just wont unlock I also notice slight delay in the action.

I had to manually lock the door, does this occurs due to battery needed replacement in the fob? has anyone faced this issue before?
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    There are 2 possibilities:
    1. One of the Guns(4 on all doors) that triggers the locking is gone kaput... if yes then you will need to get it replaced..(No clue on how much does it cost.)
    2. A harness is broken/short... if yes you will need to get it replaced. This costs around 1400Rs per harness(there is one for each door) for each door... and you might need to replace any one of them or couple of them...its usually the one at driver side that konks off first because of frequent open and close action.
    saargoga, rajks and Ravi like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This could also be due to weak battery, get the battery replaced, from some watch shop, and if issues persists, get it checked from FASC, based on above recommendation.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Replace the battery first. If that doesnt work ask FASS to re-program the key. You need the key code for that.
  5. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1. Replace Battery. You will need CR2032 for replacement.
    2. Check whether any buttons are stuck. In my case unlock button was stuck. So when when there is vibration in the Key due to handling, the doors will unlock. Got it rectified myself. The rubber pad was the culprit and it was replaced myself as FASS said child parts are not available and asked me to replace the full unit.
    I bought a total working shell by importing it for some 600 bucks odd.
    saargoga likes this.
  6. saargoga

saargoga Timido

Noida
    Thanks will check this out.
  7. amit2301

amit2301 Novizio

KOLKATA
    Kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Got my car's key drum repaired. One of the springs went kaput! Repair charges INR 600. Reflection of poor quality again