1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Increased Ground Clearance kit for sale

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by 5u3zEr0, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't like tall cars, so when I ordered my 2013 Linea, I wanted it delivered with the pre 2012 suspension kit but that did not happen. So I had to wait for around a month for the kit to come and after which I got it replaced immediately.

So it was in the car for just around 1000 kms (I have documents to prove it). Want to sell it to somebody who wants to increase the ground clearance of the Linea.

I am not aware of the price of a new set but I want to sell this set for Rs.10000/-. I am open to negotiation and if anyone wants photo's I can take it and post it here.

I also have an Alpine amp MRV 345 for sale and some nice sounding Panasonic tweeters, oh and also Image Dynamics tweeters and crossovers.
  2. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

I am not a fan of tall cars too but I may be interested in the amp and the speakers/tweeters etc. Can you PM me the details with price and where can those be picked up from. I am stationed at pune.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When you say you lowered the GC, did you get the old suspension set of T-Jet or MJD? I believe MJD and T-Jet had different suspension sets on pre-2012 models. GC of MJD was 161mm and T-Jet was 170mm. And T-Jet's suspension was little stiffer too. Which suspension you have in your car now?
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ Mahesh: I will reply to your pm soon.

@ Ramjn: To be honest I did not know that they were different. I had found out that it was 165mm earlier and that was what I had asked for from dealer. After the change the car felt and looked much better.

Here is the photo of the kit I want to sell:

DSC_0693.jpg
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes very nice ramjn, that's a very good question Subzero, will be nice to know exactly what and which one you changed to.

Secondly, you will need to post pictures of your suspension kit spares for sale you have mentioned.

It should have minimum 4 shocks/struts and two coil springs. Because only then it can be used as GC kit in minimum configuration. Mentioned just for clarity sake for yourself and the potential buyer. If you have anything more or anything less than these parts for sale as a GC kit I can suggest you fair price if you are selling at a loss or if it is overpriced. Subject to parts list.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If possible check your bills to identify the part number.

For your information, the pre-2012 models had the following GC with different suspensions.

MJD - 161 mm
    1.4 Fire - 165 mm
    T-Jet - 165 mm
    T-Jet+ - 170 mm (may be because of 16" wheels)
  7. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @asimpleson: I have already uploaded the photo's. It took some time for it to be posted as it had to get the forum administrator's approval. Yes all the six parts are there as you can see the photo's. I await your feedback on the price.

@ ramjn: The front shock absorbers say +20 on the one's I have removed from the car. I will try to check what is actually on the car.
  8. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Is this kit compatible with MJD Linea? If yes, my neighbour may be interested to purchase and can have some one pick from Chennai. Whats the best cost, considering FASS wouldn't entertain we getting used parts and we have to risk installation from outside garage.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hi please see 99RPM for Tjet Petrol and Linea strut comparison. Check the spare part ids for Tjet and MJD and see if they match. Alternatively best to ask FASS nearby where your neighbour wants to get these upgraded from.
  10. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks asimpleson! I did check and see that the springs have different part number. Struts are same.

It is question of Turbo petrol engine weight vs that of MultiJet?

I will see if he can contact FASS and be of any help. I think FASS at max may give info, but may not take up the job of replacing with used spares. The local garage he will visit doesn't know all these. They will just fit whats given.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.