1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea ignored in Skoda Rapid article by Zigwheels

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 25, 2011.

1. I don't know what Mr Adil jal Darukanwala thinks!!
    Skoda Rapid by Sukhpreet Singh bordot.gif Posted on 21 Oct 2011 bordot.gif 3633 Views bordot.gif 0 Comments

The all new offering from Skoda, the Rapid (pronounced as Rapeeed) will come in as a mid-sizer. This is what to expect from the Czech manufacturer.Coming in : November 2011 Expected price: Rs 8 to 10 lakhs

An artist's impression of the upcoming Skoda Rapid

The Skoda Rapid, the new offering from Skoda is expected to target from Rs.7 lakhs for the base version in Petrol to Rs. 10 lakhs for the top-end diesel. As for the engine, the Rapid may sport the same engines as the Vento, that is, a 1.6 liter petrol and a 1.6 liter diesel.

The Skoda Rapid is also expected to come in with the same gearbox and more or less the same features as well. The Skoda Rapid will compete against the Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Verna, Honda City, Maruti Suzuki SX4, Nissan Sunny (top-end variant), Tata Manza and their in-house Volkswagen Vento as well.

The more interesting part about the Skoda Rapid is that the manufacturer has already started the production of the car in their Chakan plant near Pune. This will give Skoda the headstart and a way to reduce waiting list of their Skoda Rapid as well.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The skoda rapid will surely give some tough competition to Dejire in the looks department, if it'll look like that:)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

seriously guruji! If i werd the designer i might called this next generation Dijire! Its absolutly like that only if Rapide comes in this looks!
    @Sat-chit, be happy that Linea is exclusive over these cars! Enjoy the exclusivity! & i'll give you simple mantra so that you wont panic on topic is ''simply why to follow,agree these paid judgeing critics?? They are simply on their place to do business! To make their livingbeing! How can you expect pure verdict then??''
  4. Can't disagree at all.
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

but guys here is one more thing about škoda RAPIDE is, i read about it some where that, not only engine will be shared with vento but this car will be built on totally Vento based platform. So i suspect the above image is total imagination. All we can expect is same body of Vento with face of Fabia. Thats what kinda car displayed by škoda in Frankfurt auto expo recently. Nose grill & lamp may be carried out from Fabia with slik designed body of Vento.(compare to fabia, vento's front is pretty slik)
  6. sashank82

Actually, i doubt if there is anything called the Rapide - could be a tactic by Skoda guys to divert attention....!

Here's something that is touted to hit the streets soon - a Skoda Lauretta (ala Vento). If you notice a lot of parts are shared from the Vento bin and the Fabia nose is visible too - thus easisest to produce.

The rapide looks like a trash-can on wheels, i doubt if Skoda has the guts to take it to the marketplace....?
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Weired design by Skoda. Linea is way ahead than these cars. So lets not think about it and this is not the first case where Linea ignored.

These media guys will be cuprits if FIAT stops production of Linea.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

This car is yuck!! Why does Skoda have to follow Maruti's footsteps?? A total Djire carbon copy. Depends on what it has to offer, if the offering is good then it would be the Djire murderer!!
  9. royj

royj Esperto

That exactly was my thought when I saw the illustration. A Fabia with a boot!
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Haven't any of you seen the skoda Rapid on NDTV CNB show couple of weeks back? (or am I reading a very old thread here?)
    Its not at all the car shown here. It is much better looking. It was driven into the studio where the 400 episode of CNB was getting filmed. And launched by the skoda boss himself.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk