1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Huge Discount from Chennai Dealer!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by karthik23222, May 29, 2015.

1. karthik23222

karthik23222 Timido

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

This is karthik.
    Chennai Dealer has offered Rs 9.9 L on Road Price for New Fiat Linea MJD Dynamic variant . May be March/April 2015 Manufactured model.
    Almost zeroed in but still worried about the evident turbo lag in bumper to bumper traffic and also the 1.3 L diesel engine.
    am very well aware of its driving dynamics and build quality.
    Is this 1.3 L diesel engine and the turbo lag worth for this 9.9L.
    Can any owners comment on this?
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dude, don't tag Linea as Turbo Lag car, it is the First I have even seen that someone tagging a car like this.
    A typical diesel car has a turbo lag unless that car has loads or torque mated with the perfect gear ratios.
    The Price difference which you have pointed above should be 1 of the criteria to choose and the second is price v/s features and the looks.
    You are in a Fiat Forum and you are asking if it is worth, is kind of you asking at Taj if your rooms are better or the Oberoi.
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Karthik the turbo lag thing is blown out of proportion by many novice auto enthusiasts.
    If you know which gear you should be in depending on the environment like traffic, load factor and inclination there is nothing called as turbolag.
    The pick up and pulling varies from car to car based on weight and gear ratio, as you might be aware.
    I got lucky, I bought pre face lift linea emotion mjd for 9.8 lac last April and have no doubt that Mr.Dependable will be with me for life.
    One of my colleague was even more lucky as during Dec sale the same variant we booked for 9 lac for him( that's bloody lucky,deal of life time) so don't hestitate seal the deal.
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @Karthik: Have you driven the car yourself ?

I own the linea MJD, emotion (which is heavier than Dynmic) and I have not noticed such a big turbo lag which could be a deal breaker. For the first 1000 Kms or so, the car was bit sluggish but after that it has really become agile.. In fact, it gives immense pleasure when it zooms past, not only the Citi's and Verna's but even D segment sedans. It very easily touches 120 KMPH mark and is fun to drive. Honda City at 120 feels shaky but linea holds its ground very firmly. You will especially notice this on highways and ghat sections.
    Santhosh Rao and prabhjot like this.
  5. karthik23222

karthik23222 Timido

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @vinit,
    Yes i have TD the car, love the handling,looks and dynamics and no words to say about the superb build quality.
    Iam sure that it is the best in the Segment as far as highway driving is concerned, but only concern is the bumper to bumper traffic.
    Happy to know that it is not that much sluggish from your comment. Thanks vinit.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 29, 2015 ---
    @Anup
    Anup, have not tagged it as turbo lag car, was just asking my thoughts after taking a TD.
    @fiat owners no Offense intended

@mabams,
    Thanks for the information. will try to seal the deal. :)
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    prabhjot and pabhishek like this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @karthik23222 go ahead and seal the deal. As replied by other members, linea is a value for money car with all the necessary bells and whistles.

Welcome to TFI!
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @karthik23222 I would like to say that all these lag and etc things are more of getting used to the clutch and gear thats all.
    it is applicable for all manual transmission automobiles.
    the lag thing is most worst in Corolla from Very reliable and Very expensive brand(costs almost 6 Lakhs more onroad than Linea Diesel )
    and the D segment car with 1.4 L 90 HP diesel.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    no one buys car to live in B2B traffic. if that the case why buy a car? can buy an auto also :p
    @karthik23222: I feel angry when some one says fiat cars are slow. its just the misconception in mass public. they dont even TD the car and say "isme lag he!". For some reason, yes MJD in fiat takes time to open up. but trust me its a rocket after that. Just bear with initial run so engine can adjust.
    Fiat cars have
    Unmatched Handling,
    Unmatched HPS,
    Unmatched Breaking,
    Unmatched build quality,
    Unmatched GC,
    Unmatched Ride quality. and more importantly sense of feeling safe when you are inside the car. what else you want?
    just seal the deal eyes closed. :)
    kunwar.g and Pradeepms like this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @karthik23222

The title of the thread is misleading. You talk about huge discounts on Linea and then you discuss turbo. Can you request mods to change the title thread please?

How much discount are you getting for the Linea? Have you done a comparo of the features with the Honda City? I guess VMT is the top end for the city? If so then you need to compare it with Emotion variant.

Adding a poll on Fiat forum, would you expect any recommendations for other cars?:p:p:p
    Santhosh Rao likes this.
  10. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Karthik, I know from where this word LAG(under power) came from... :) these words from swifts guys only.
    Dont keep swift/dezire in your mind and drive punto/linea... punto/linea are faaarrrr better than this swift/dezire. You wont feel safe when u sit in swift/dezire and when u are at 80 or above those cars will shake like anything and our beasts will never afraid of any speed.
    SHASHANKREDDY, Tornado and Deepak like this.