1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea-How about buying only front 2 tyres Michelin & Retaining back tyres of Goodyear

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sveldand, Oct 16, 2013.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I agree with Rajan... rear tires are more important as they provide the grip and stability on wet roads.. they prevent aqua planing.

If your GT3's in front are just 3k old I suggest you to keep them in front and buy two GT3's for rear. You can then follow the routine rotation.

If youbare fine spending good money then take all new ones. I would suggest against michelin and yokos, they are less noisy but have less life and not very confidence inspiring due to soft rubber.

My suggestion would be bridgestone or mrf zlo if u planning to change all four.

On the other hand u can expect only 1000rs for old tires.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    shashank, i kind of disagree with the quoted statements. i am not sure about yokos, but michelins do not have less life. with periodic balancing and alignment, they will last 40k+ easily. mine have done 19k + without much tread wear.

about the confidence inspiring part due to soft rubber, it has both advantage and disadvantage.
    advantage of soft rubber is that it has better road grip which results in significantly better straight line braking.
    disadvantage is due to sidewall flexing which will come into picture when taking curves at high speeds.

i would give 50-50 weightage to braking and taking curves at speed when talking about confidence inspiring. can't get the best of both worlds in this profile so it is up to us to decide.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. If you up the tire pressure by 2-3 PSI sidewall flex is reduces by large extent.
    More over grip is better than GT3 also the it provides top notch ride quality.
    Recently vipin did drive to Leh in a PLC.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Agree with Shams here. You are just saying Michelin, without specifying the variant, like XM2, 3ST, etc. Anyone interested in performance more than comfort, should go for performance tyres and not comfort tyres. Cornering at high speeds does not happen on an everyday basis. Driving on uneven potholed roads does.

Strange that you are recommending MRF ZLOs, over Michelin and Yoko, although it is much softer and people in the forum have not been very happy with it.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  5. sveldand

sveldand Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks Rajan,
    I am concluding to go for 195/65R15 tyres to get more GC. and i will be replacing all 4 new tyres.
    Please suggest brand/model, which are available in above size. I prefer performance tyres and not comfort tyres.
    i do lot of corner hitting at high speeds.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    In the size you are looking for, keeping in mind that you want performance tyres, my choice would be (in my order of preference):

1. Pirelli P7
    2. Apollo ALNAC 4G
    3. Bridgestone Potenza

twocents.gif

Rajan