1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea-How about buying only front 2 tyres Michelin & Retaining back tyres of Goodyear

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sveldand, Oct 16, 2013.

1. sveldand

sveldand Timido

Bangalore
    for my Linea MJD,2009 model. Right now i am having OEM- Goodyear GT3 195/60/R15
    front tyres - I bought only 1 tyre 4 months back - other i replaced with my spare wheel tyre which i never used. - both done 3000KM now.
    Back tyres are wornout, done 38000KM. .

Now i need to replace only 2 tyres, thinking of Michelin primacy 3ST.

1. Is it Okey to have two different brand tyre between front&Back. ??
    2. Or should i stick with Goodyear GT3 tyres ??

thanks in advance for suggestions.

-Raj
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Best thing is to sell all 4 tyres and buy new Michelin primacy 3ST tyres, in set.

Otherwise, buy same brand for 2 tyres, GT3. Don't mix up 2 different pattern tyres.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    On the site note, there is a new Michelin Tyres released. Its Pilot sport PS3. Give a thought about this one.
  4. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    I am in a similar situation. One of the tyres had a broken side wall at about 20k kms, so I brought a new one. Have used the spare and the new one in the front. The rear ones are from factory. They are completely bald at 31000kms while the front ones seem to have about 20k kms life left. However, I have decided to buy 4 new tyres. Yet to decide between Yokohama AVS db & Michelin Primacy ST3.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    New tyres must always go in the rear, if one is going to change only 2 tyres.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I second Ravi.

Either get all four Primacy 3ST or get 2 new GT3's and be done with it. Both options are good. But no mix and match.

Cheers.

Zen - Mate that tyre is a super high performance tyre. Intended for sportscars. Not for economy cars like ours. :)
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Gurji,
    Thanks,
    Not sure about the price of this tyre. Checked their website and found the features to be good. hmm... lets see if i can find a price of this one some where.

EDIT: Wow its 11.5K+ INR. Thats too much. :shocked
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  8. sveldand

sveldand Timido

Bangalore
    does any one buy used tyres ??, am not aware. Please let me know the address of such stores in Bangalore.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Any tyre shop will buy old tyres and pay you back, depending on condition.
    Best thing is to negotiate from same shop, where you plan to buy.
  10. sveldand

sveldand Timido

Bangalore
    I checked with tyre_emphire, HSR layout Bangalore. He said they wont buy the old tyres.
    1.Can any one please suggest a reliable tyre shop anywhere in Banglore. Where i can sell off old tyres. Buy all new michelin tyres.
    2. Service centre people said, back 2 alloys have slight bent. will it can be repaired, if so where in banglore ? or I need to replace with new ones.