1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Horn Switch Pad Issue - Resolved - Now Resurfaced

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Viny, Nov 19, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    One important question. How you manage without Horn currently:)?
    Happy to see a progress and looks like(positive hope) things will resolve as Mr. Mangesh is in picture. :)
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is the most annoying part. If it requires Mr. Mangesh to get involved in each and every customer's issues, no wonder it takes so much time to get them ironed out. You sell me a car, with a poor quality copper component, which goes bad in less than 2 years. Your design is bad, so it requires replacement of the whole unit. What is so difficult to understand in this?

Agreed, you import this component, so procuring spares will take a bit of time. But why not keep the customers informed? Why all this secrecy about everything including your new exclusive showrooms? I am sure if the part was available in ebay, it would have been delivered by now, no matter from which part of the world.

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think Fiat might have definitely addressed this question in their future plans. When the new dealership comes I hope things will become more faster and more efficient.
    Some times when critical issues that needs a replacement of costly parts, things may get delayed by the communication problem with the TASS and FIAT. It is only a matter of time to wait(a positive hope) till they get a full fledged service network. But I agree, that the process will be frustrating for the customer.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I drive in right most lane at slowest speed possible, and let the taillers/followers to honk, most of the horns are so loud that the person who in front of me understands it.
    Otherwise i politely chant MC's BC's and all others on the name of FIAT :D
    3 people like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Need not be. All it takes is one email from FIAT, telling the customer that the part needs to be imported and will take XX days. Wouldn't that go a long way in making the customer feel good? All of us make mistakes. That is forgivable. But the lack of acknowledgement and the lack of demonstrated sense of urgency is what annoys the most.

When I make a mistake, I say two things - 1. I am sorry and 2. What can I do to make it right? IMHO, that question is very important and goes a long way in people / customer realtions.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Absolutely. Communication is the key. Keeping customers in the dark is the worst they can do. What is stopping them from sending an email, or at least a phone call saying this will take so many days?
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If Fiat ask for our suggestions and feed backs during factory meet the above points need to be mentioned. I agree with above points completely. In my case I experienced good service but I should :wow when I see it uniformly over the forum.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Its not that they dont provide services, its the time taken and heads spinned makes a problem, no one considers himself responsible until the hammer reaches last head.

Take this case, I wrote to services and mangesh about the issue on day1, no one replied back for 3 days, on third day Ajay got back with reply requesting some details, i gave the relevant information, but again no reply from him even after my daily mails requesting updates. Finally mailed to Pritesh and others, two days later i get a reply from Pritesh, he tries to help at his best but still no status updates, finally i reach mangesh over the phone, he says Mr. X will get back to me, now Mr. Y from Tatamotors get back to me and I explain the same scenario once again. So as of now including the local service team, over a dozen of heads i have briefed the issue, which is still under consideration about how to resolve. NO ONE ever bothered to drop back a status mail, neither i am sure who is going to solve the issue and on whom i should look upon or who is in charge of the case. Again if something doest go good in this case, i have to bang heads with all of them in some sequence. :(

A small one liner also gives confidence and boosts customers morale as he feels that he issues are attended and utmost priority is given to resolve his problem. If no one replies back, even though if team is working at backend, consumer feels like no one cares. In current world where communication channels are so open and so easily accessible, its very important to remove blockages and speak back to customer.
    2 people like this.
  9. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Viny - Good news seems to be on the horizon. Good luck.

I've been following this thread for some time now since I had this issue within a month of buying the car. However, I bought it used (three years young) so didn't dwell much on it. This was sorted out at TASS during the annual service & ther has been no failure after that. I hope it stays that way.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    ^^
    Viny - what is the outline of the work they are doing? I mean, will you need to pay for the entire assembly or some repairs are possible?