1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Horn Switch Pad Issue - Resolved - Now Resurfaced

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Viny, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Ravi: I know these guys from 3yrs now, no matter how efficient the FIAT team becomes the team at dealer end are not tuned to work in a corporate way :( Though they show a very warm attitude to me, knowing that i am the one who rings all the bells, still lousyness and desipan is at height.

Simple things like

1. They never put safety/cover mat on car body when they are working in engine bay area, result unwanted scratches.
    2. Never use any covers on seat if they are working inside the car, result grease marks, dust and other stuffs getting on seats.
    3. Someone will randomly jump in to check how the audio sounds and would test it to the best even when not called for. Other person will jump in with his car mobile charger and would plug that in to charge his mobile.

Having said that, the senior service engineers/technicians show a lot of respect and are committed to there work, but the juniors or mid level team is like monkeys jumping around :p

Its about making the culture, which i have seen in Toyata and to some extend in Honda service centers. It might have been in other TASS too, but obviously our TASS is missing it big time :(
    3 people like this.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

Update Day 8.
    I was suppose to meet Service Team from Fiat today, as per Pritesh.
    But no one called up, neither Pritesh replied back to my mail nor did he pick up my call.
    One more day ended, the problem is still not looked into even after 8 days. Not a very inspiring story till now.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Looks like you can handover the car directly to him at Fiat factory during visit. No email, No phone call, Direct delivery:D
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    That way there will be many cars to handover direct delivery ;)
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    When we go to guests house we should give some thing Khatta and metha:) Your TASS invoice bills can be taken in a spiral bound book form. Fiat could be make a manual out of it.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Wondering what would be the best title for the manual!
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Entire India will reach there :p
    Seriously, they need to give importance to clients requests. I have been suggesting FIAT from long time, to set up an online Service tracking system, which would bring transparency and will empower owners, as well as ensure the faster resolution of issues.

The chalta hai attitude is the main problem, no one is understanding the importance of time. :(
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    ....and if I bring all the parts changed in my Linea, Fiat could build almost another Linea out of it ;)
    3 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are right that my service center does take care of this when ever they start working on my car. Look at the below picture. This was taken during the third free servicing of my Linea at TAFE Reach, Chennai. The kind of attention and importance I get at this service center is just awesome. I have indeed planned to send an appreciation email to Fiat Top brass for the work of Mr. Tensingh and his team there.

20120818_102301.jpg
    4 people like this.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

@ramjn: Lucky you ...If i would show the pic to my SA, he wont believe his eyes :p

Update day: 9

Called up Mangesh a few times, call went unanswered, finally got a call from Mangesh, briefed him the issue. He said the regional team will co-ordinate and get back to me.

Got a call from regional team, had to brief him the entire scenario once again. He asked for 2-3 days of time, FIAT imports that horn + airbag unit, hence the spare part is not available, as they never expected it to go bad. :( Hopes are positive, lets see what comes through...
    3 people like this.