1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Horn Switch Pad Issue - Resolved - Now Resurfaced

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Viny, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Where did I mention that selective response is good, or no response is good?
    Can you list for what issues they respond faster and for which issues they don't?

Do you know what is the actual issue? Is it simple or complex? And where did they say they can't fix the problem?
    Service centers itself told to get it fixed by replacing, this is what you hear everywhere.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Copper switches are not rusted, its the copper wire circuit (see the image on opening post). There are two wires, out of which one is fine but other one caught the rust. Furthermore I feel its a design issue along with quality of copper wire used. There should be no reason to leave those wire running in open. It could cause fire due to short circuit, keeping copper wire open would make it prone to rusting. Finally as i showed earlier a closed tactile switch could have been a better solution rather than open switch. They might have had some reasons to design in that way, but then it didnt worked in our situation.

I am more than willing to give the time to resolve the problem if they have any plans, but the problem is that they are not replying back to me, I am not buzzing them daily to tell them fix it right now, all i am trying to do is get update about how they plan to resolve this.
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No no. You got it wrong. I didnt say you said that.
    What I am saying is FIAT is quickly responding to certain issues and tracks to clusure, and there is delay in response in certain other issues. Read this in the context of how quickly my part availability issue was resolved by FIAT when the clutch pump failed. The issue was resolved in less than 24 hours of reporting it to FIAT.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Viny, Do you have any idea how same type of wiring has done in other cars?
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Viny, thanks for explaining and make sense. May be you should advise Fiat where is the problem and what could be better alternative.

And regarding reply, most of the time, they start communicating with service centers to get it resolved and they don't keep customers in loops. May be they are doing some brainstorming sessions on your issue :).

Was just googling it and found below -

6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Thanks for inside story about copper turning green.
    But had i used word "Copper Patina" I am sure 50% of us would have scratched our heads :p
    So used the generic oxidation and corrosion word "Rusting" :p
    2 people like this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Days update:
    No email was received till the day end, finally made call to Pritesh on his mobile no, as the other landline numbers given / shared by Fiat Customer Service are never answered. Pritesh acknowledged that he have received my complaint and has been talking with service team. I asked him to reply back to emails so that I can know whats actions are being taken.

Got following reply :)
    No timelines again :( would have appreciated if he would have said in 24 or 48hrs or X days.
    So now i have to wait till the "soon" comes...

What I understand that now they will send the Fiat technician from regional office, he will look into it and would decide what needs to be. So atleast 2 more trips to service station is confirmed

1. When the Technician comes
    2. When the parts come.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Good guess :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

Incidentally when i called up service center, they said they had no calls from FIAT in last 3-4 days :p
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    viny, which service center it is?
    My guess is Fiat might have sent one email to Service center to look into the matter and resolve it.

Try to get email id of service center and keep Fiat, service center all in loop.