1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Horn Switch Pad Issue - Resolved - Now Resurfaced

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Viny, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Adding Octane I guess now we are 10+ in size...
    I am sure this issue must have been brought to the eyes of FIAT early also. I or we 10 cannot be the only isolated case. Having said that, what preventive measures or precautionary measures did FIAT took is a question to be asked.

Moving further, the 4th day has ended. I started the day by sending the reminder to Service@fiapl, Ajay Bhatnagar, Deepak Wagh, Pritish Dash, and seeking update on what steps they are taking to resolve the matter. Autoreply from Deepak Wagh suggest he is our of office, fine. But what amuse me is no reply from Ajay Bhatnagar who is looking into case and who had asked for my car details 3 days ago. No words from him, neither any acknowledgement for my emails. Somewhere down the line this shows that FIAT Service Team needs to understand the importance of communication. If its going to take some time, no problem, but please update the customer about it and keep him in loop and confidence. Going mum and keeping silence doesnt help, it only aggravates the frustration and feeling helplessness. Driving car without functional horn could be suicidal in our country.

I have shared the link of this thread in my initial email to the FIAT Service Team and I would regularly update this thread about the actions taken. Let this be a documented evidence about how the things are processed and what level of customer satisfaction we are talking about.

And not to say this is depiction of the scenario faced by someone who technologically and intellectually capable of mobilizing and connecting the ends. I am not sure how the scene would have been with a common man.
    1 person likes this.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    This issue was once highlighted by amit citing my car's example also. But in that heated discussion :) someone argued that 1 or 2 cars mean there is no issue. Because of the heat of the discussion, it was not pursued further that time.That's why I started counting the members this time in this thread. I'm sure such is the case with few other frequent issues also. Am not pointing a finger at Fiat but it helps to have a collective knowledge and if members know that there are others who have faced the issue, they can cite that in their discussions with TASC/ Fiat for resolution and it'll also help members to use collective knowledge of others who faced the issue and the solution, if any.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Even if it fails in one car, it is a quality control issue and the manufacturer must step forward and make amends. More so with FIAT, if they are really keen on making a comeback.

Rajan
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Viny, Please post this isssue in FIAT's facebook page too. Mention that you had written to the above guys, and there is no response other than acknowledgement even after 4 days. If someone needs his tongue to be tickled to make him speak, let's do that. I feel bad when I say this. But, FIAT should not make us do this in the first place.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Started the day 5 with early morning reminder sent to Service, Mangesh, Ajay.Bhatnagar, Deepak, Pritish
    Lets see what actions are taken today !
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    There is two situations in which people will not reply.
    1. They don't want to do
    2. They don't have a solution.

I believe it is the second case. If there is a solution they would have definitely responded. The problem here is that whether the airbag cost can be included in the switch repair cost. Airbag is fine. The problem is with horn. But in that process one has to bear the cost of air bag. How to resolve it? If they do it for you how do they address it for others. I think this is the reason why things are getting delayed. Let us wait and see the response.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Isn't it a shame that one of the biggest automobile manufacturer is not able to fix a simple issue as this?

If a product or part is defective, they should first agree that it is so. Replacing the part under warranty just means that they agree, which they may not want to do. Whether the part is defective or not, delaying will only make things worse, and will add to the already existing complaints about poor part quality.
    Whether they can provide a solution or not, a reply whether the issue can be resolved or not is the minimum that a customer would expect. It is unfortunate that even that is not happening.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Viny, one question, I understand that Copper switches got rusted, and its not completing the circuit, did you feel the quality of copper switch is bad or design has problem?

One thing is for sure, since around 9-10 personas claimed to have same issue, if the car is in warranty, better to get it replaced rather than cleaning it. More for top-end versions, where there is AirBag included.

I am not sure what Fiat will do in your case, except change it for free as "goodwill gesture" (this is what Fiat says for any fix beyond their warranty). But doing that is not a solution to the problem.
    If its design flaw, they must fix it. But if its problem with normal rusting of metal, I don't know what they would do, may be put some better quality Copper Switch.:confused:

One more suggestion (you may want to ignore it), since you have already raised the issue with top officials, I think you must give them time. If you send reminder so frequently, one may not put more attention to it (human tendency). I know its frustrating to not get any reply, but still sending multiple emails is not going to help for sure.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I totally agree with you. Excellence in some some areas shouldn't be a n excuse for negligence in another area.
    There was a funny incident happened few days back. The beading near the left rear door came out. The door was not closing properly. Then I pushed it properly to its place. But this kind of silly incidents shouldn't happen to such a reputed brand. If any third person was there it would have been an embarrassing moment for me. What they will think about the quality.
    I have written mail to them about why my engine mount that had broken. I haven't got a reply. I am happy that they rectified the problem but still why it had happened is unknown to me. TASS is also not able to tell me why it had happened. As you said they should have at least replied to me.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Selective responding and resolution of issues is not good either for an automaker who has ambitious plans for future. For certain issues, they respond within hours, for some other issues, it is total silence. Every customer feels he is important. No response to issues raised means he is ignored.