1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Horn Switch Pad Issue - Resolved - Now Resurfaced

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Viny, Nov 19, 2012.

1. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I am still awaiting response from FIAT. Its been more than 20 days. :|
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

The Ghost rises again, and the horn issue resurfaced and its no more working.
    I will try to connect heads with FIAT once again, not sure how will this get solved.
    Would like to have community suggestions in regard the issue and resolution.

@amogh @Ravi and @mods.
    I created a thread on this issue in past, which has been merged into this mega thread. The initial post starts from here http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/minor-issues-electricals.12543/page-63 and goes upto http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/minor-issues-electricals.12543/page-75 . basically from post 622 to 741, can you please create a separate thread out of it again, so that we can discuss this again.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Moved to new thread.
    Please use Report post, so that we don't miss any requests.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Part No 59117360 is the part required
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Awesome to know that, previously the triangle circuit was part of airbag assembly.
    Now that you have part no, i am sure there must be more details about it also avilable, like how you got to know about it, how much did it cost and what was service charges levied.

Also would like to know the view point of community in regard to consumer paying for manufacturing defect or faulty part design. Because i consider that keeping open copper wire circuit is design issue, its prone to getting rusted.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It was changed in my friend Punto Evo 3 months after delivery, nothing was paid as car was under warranty. Part cost was less than 400 if I remember correctly.

Don't think it is a manufacturing defect or faulty part design maybe I am lucky that I have not faced this issue in 6 years and 155k kms
    Even other type of horn switch is not fool proof, horn switch(termed as clock spring) failed in my cousins Fluidic Verna 1.6 just after 2 years and 50k kms it was a round plastic part with no contact exposed to environment.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

Thanks for the details.

This is manufacturing and design issue and i know atleast 8-9 cars which had to face the similar issue.
    Probably climate also affects. But then if you see the image that i have posted in opening post, you will find the reason for failure is rusting or oxidation of open copper wire circuit. Technically there is no reason to have open copper wire all across. It could have been shielded like normal wires.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

30 days since i was told that relevant team will look upon, no words have returned.
    I guess Old habbits die hard ...:(
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Me too facing the issue. If I press some areas of the pad, it does not honk. Some other areas work.
    I have reported this once to the service centre. They did nothing.
    I will have to take there again.
    But, I do not use to honk too often. I use it unless otherwise necessary (warning a weaving motor cyclist, a pedestrian crossing without checking for oncoming vehicles, bends where I can't see the other side etc).

I checked for part no 59117360 in 99rpm and it shows combination switch.
    http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/catalogsearch/result/?q=59117360